This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    As they head to the finish line, We get to watch the Shep saga play out, see if TH did enough to win over the parents of Catalon, peak in 16 days from now to see If Bru sides with USC or heads to Austin, see how hard TH and company go after Glass and whether or not they can find atleast 1 more OL if Hookfin sides with Texas.
    I was surprised with Herman saying they are looking at 5-6 more players. The big needs will be OL and RB. I am okay with finding some OL guys that they can watch their senior film on and go find this time of year. Outside of your sure fire studs, OL guys that committ as JRs or Spring committments scare me. It is the hardest position to project.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
      Great class for the Ags. I looked it over last night for the first time and it looked like it was pretty balanced throughout. No more 8 WR classes.

It seems the majority of the better plays are leaning towards signing early, which helps all the other guys get noticed between now and Feb. If a team missed on a position, that 3 star is going to look like a 5 star the next two months. The pool to fish from just got smaller, so the competition just got ramped up for these guys.

I think the other trend is having guys enroll early and get in spring ball. I think this is huge for the development of these guy.
      Yep! Ojomo from the last cycle rings a bell. It's also worth mentioning the late Grad transfers like Anderson who were wined and dined by power programs.

Comment

I was surprised with Herman saying they are looking at 5-6 more players. The big needs will be OL and RB. I am okay with finding some OL guys that they can watch their senior film on and go find this time of year. Outside of your sure fire studs, OL guys that committ as JRs or Spring committments scare me. It is the hardest position to project.
        The plus side is all 4 2018 OL signatures redshirted. Should they pick up Hookfin whom needs to stack on weight, I think they'll sign minimum of 1 more OL regardless of what Shep does. RB needs to be dealt with, but... I could see Whittington at RB 6'1" - 200.

Comment

Yep! Ojomo from the last cycle rings a bell. It's also worth mentioning the late Grad transfers like Anderson who were wined and dined by power programs.
          Texas hit on two grad transfers in Anderson at LT and Watson at RB last year. I think they will be looking for those two spots again until they can get their depth up. Both Anderson and Watson were a success for Texas last year, so I would say they would be very fortunate if they happen to land quality guys this go around.

Comment

Texas hit on two grad transfers in Anderson at LT and Watson at RB last year. I think they will be looking for those two spots again until they can get their depth up. Both Anderson and Watson were a success for Texas last year, so I would say they would be very fortunate if they happen to land quality guys this go around.
            Agreed

Comment

The only recruit Bama signed who was not a 4 or 5-star was the kicker.

Nick needs to sail off into the sunset!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The only recruit Bama signed who was not a 4 or 5-star was the kicker.

Nick needs to sail off into the sunset!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Hope he doesn’t think he has to coach or he’ll die like Coach Bryant did.

Comment

Great class for the Ags. I looked it over last night for the first time and it looked like it was pretty balanced throughout. No more 8 WR classes.

It seems the majority of the better plays are leaning towards signing early, which helps all the other guys get noticed between now and Feb. If a team missed on a position, that 3 star is going to look like a 5 star the next two months. The pool to fish from just got smaller, so the competition just got ramped up for these guys.

I think the other trend is having guys enroll early and get in spring ball. I think this is huge for the development of these guy.
                  Getting the EEs is a huge benefit for the program and player development! I'm really liking the early signing period. Also allows coaches to start focusing more on 2020 recruits.

I think quite a few of these guys can contribute immediately in key positions, most notably the secondary. Getting the JUCO kid, Blades, could be a really nice addition.
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

I'm very pleased with the ags class. If we can fill the remaining spots with a couple more studs in areas of need, it will be great. I really like the no drama of the class. Glad many of these kids arent into the theatrics and attention of many. And to hear jimbo talk about a few guys that just committed early, didnt go to many camps, and appear to be way better players than their stars indicate is nice. Hopefully a few more Sternbergers in this class.

The remaining top 300 kids that didnt sign early may be the queens.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Jimbo knew what he was getting into when he took the A&M job. I think he is loves competing "heads up" with Nick and to be honest, I do as well. There is no doubt that he is the gold standard and I would hate to see him retire. Being in the same division as Bama lets you know how you measure up.
                      Adios,
                      Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                        Jimbo knew what he was getting into when he took the A&M job. I think he is loves competing "heads up" with Nick and to be honest, I do as well. There is no doubt that he is the gold standard and I would hate to see him retire. Being in the same division as Bama lets you know how you measure up.
                        Adios,
                        Gary
                        Rest easy, I don’t think Jimbo is going to retire anytime soon

Comment

Last of the expected early signees signed today, making that 23 signed with 3 spots left, two of which we have commits but they’re waiting on grades to sign. But it will be interesting to see what happens with those remaining spots

Comment

Originally posted by 160class View Post
                            Last of the expected early signees signed today, making that 23 signed with 3 spots left, two of which we have commits but they’re waiting on grades to sign. But it will be interesting to see what happens with those remaining spots
                            Like CNS said, it’s not early signing day, it’s now the NSD.

Off topic: Is there a website that shows a Master List of players who will be skipping their team’s bowl game?

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
                              Like CNS said, it’s not early signing day, it’s now the NSD.

Off topic: Is there a website that shows a Master List of players who will be skipping their team’s bowl game?
                              Yep. If you don't sign early, you are essentially uncommitted IMO. Or the Brinks truck had a flat

Comment

I can’t believe Starkel hasn’t put in for transfer yet . He is a good QB I think..

Comment

Working...
                                X