Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats horns, put the whooping on them.

Comment

Horns dominated Georgia last night... But didn't beat them by 20 like LSU did

Hope gameday is in Austin next year for the Week 2 matchup. It will be a good one!

Comment

Texas outplayed and out coached a Georgia team that appeared to be very strong against Bama, no excuses. The game was not as close as the score indicated. Sam is a great QB and leader and as long as he is back there, Texas will be tough to beat.
        Adios,
        Gary

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
          Targeting is what it is, but I think it’s ruining the game by kicking kids out for one mistake. Some of these targeting hits are the result of a ball carrier dropping his head and causing contact. This should be part of the criteria while under review. The hit on Fromm while sliding was NOT targeting, it was a personal foul for a late hit after he gave himself up. Now these roll back “blocks” like the one we saw on LSU’s QB are dirty and meant to decapitate the player being hit. The guy should have been ejected, just like RSJ was, twice, for us when he did it. There is so much inconsistency with this rule,it’s becoming a joke. The ejections need to go away....maybe set out for a 3 plays or whatever, but this whole game crap and half of the next one sucks. They need to fix it.
          100% correct. The RB from Bama ducked his head and ran over the ou Dback, helmet to helmet. This has got to become targeting. Too inconsistent especially in the penalty phase. If you are going to call it, make it a timed penalty. Some players that get called in the 1st quarter are missing a game and a half. If you get called in the last minute of a game you miss 1/2 of the next game. Make it the rest of the quarter it happens in plus the next quarter or make it 15 minutes of playing time or something along that line

Congrats to the Horns and Aggies on their bowl wins.

Hook Em

Comment

The expanded playoff seems even less appealing after the No. 3, 4, 5, 7 ,8 and 9th ranked teams got pushed around.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
              The expanded playoff seems even less appealing after the No. 3, 4, 5, 7 ,8 and 9th ranked teams got pushed around.
              It's different when you have a month to prepare for one team IMO.

I can see both sides, but EVERY other league, division, level has an extended playoff. It makes no sense for FBS not to. It would also likely level the recruiting field(which I can understand why blue bloods wouldn't want that) to a degree.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post

I can see both sides, but EVERY other league, division, level has an extended playoff. It makes no sense for FBS not to. It would also likely level the recruiting field(which I can understand why blue bloods wouldn't want that) to a degree.
                It is except for teams with great depth. Those teams are playing in a few days.

The BCS is still proving to be a legit formula. IMHO

Comment

Played 9 freshmen on the Dline last night, the team is building depth at every position. Let's see what the new kids bring to the table!
                  This makes me very very happy and they played tough from beginning to end. I was pleasantly surprised about stuffing the run and getting after the QB all the way to the end.

I'll say this, that was the best secondary Texas faced all year. Our O-line had a great night as well and was giving Sam time, just nowhere to go a lot of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post

Four teams is plenty. Somebody is just gonna have to knock Saban and Dabo down a notch or two. After that, the recruiting playing field will level itself out.

Comment

It is except for teams with great depth. Those teams are playing in a few days.

The BCS is still proving to be a legit formula. IMHO
                      The BCS is certainly better than the committee, but I'd still prefer everyone prove it on the field as opposed to a metric. Some things can't be quantified. Just have a big tournament like everyone else!

Comment

8 teams is perfect. 5 P5 Champions, 1 G5 and 2 at large. You get the top teams in and you allow for a hot team in the lower ranks of those 8 to win if they can. Decide on the field....not in Condaleeza Rice's office.
                        Last edited by Smart; 01-02-2019, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Congrats to Texas.

Texas wanted this game, Georgia did not and it showed with the domination Texas showed in every aspect from the players to the coaches. Smart got his butt out coached by the Texas staff last night and it showed. Georgia could not put pressure on Sam and he took advantage big time.

Sam should be at the front of the Heisman talk starting now. That kid has some talent, is tough and will get better for sure.

Congrats to all the Texas teams that won their bowl games, good showing by most!

Comment

Shocked the nation. Heck of a win.

Guess Bama and Aggies will have to keep carrying the SEC.

Comment

Shocked the nation. Heck of a win.

Guess Bama and Aggies will have to keep carrying the SEC.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                                Scrolling through the posts I missed while Moose Hunting for 4 weeks.....the only people I saw yelling SEC SEC SEC.....were you tsip yank offs.
                                Well, since you've been gone, here is a little re-cap. All in good fun of course.

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                                No joke!

SEC gonna be flexing these next two days. Ags by, yeah, fiddy.

Georgia has their game in the bag by half.
                                Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                                Y’all deflect all y’all want. It’s hilarious. I’ll be here waiting Jan 2.
                                Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                                Getting ur ***** whipped will not qualify as a “quality loss”! I hope Coach peeweee has dominos on speed dial.
                                Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
                                It’s two different leagues, no knock on Texas. It’s just the level of talent difference right now between the two teams.

Georgia 38
                                Texas 13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                                Somebody pray for Bob. The game won’t be close. And neither will Bama v OU. Go ahead and bookmark this.

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                                It’s won’t be a quality loss if you get beat by fiddy. They are gonna run all over Hager.

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
                                This Texas V Georgia matchup reminds me of the A&M v Tenn matchup in the Cotton Bowl under Coach Fran.

Fran had his improved year in the Big 12 and was overmatched against a deep SEC team. We couldn’t match the size or debth and got crushed in the trenches. It was embarrassing and a realization that we were no where near the level of competition.

Last edited by Birddog66; 01-02-2019, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X