Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Long Bed or Short Bed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do they still sell bed extenders? Those things can be handy in a pinch.

Comment

Never knew we had so many short bed girly men on the green screen....

Comment

Long beds serve a purpose if you’re going to work out of them. Otherwise, get a short bed. My dad won’t own a short bed and calls mine a “grocery getter” but it works for 90% of what I need it to. I can honestly say there has only been a handful of times where I actually “needed” a long bed, but that’s why i have a trailer.

Comment

I’ve only ever seen a handful of people that went from long bed to short bed and didn’t regret it. I constantly see people go from long to short and regret it, and people go from short to long and wonder why it took them so long to do it. If you can’t park a CCLB truck then you may want to let your husband drive you around anyways

Comment

That’s why they manufacture both long and short beds. Everyone’s needs are different. Buy what you will use 90% of the time.

Comment

Long bed. I have a toolbox and can't imagine only having 4.5 of bed left to use. Parking it is pretty easy because my parents raised a man who could park a truck. Also, my most recent LWB came with a 48gal fuel tank so I only fill up about every 700 miles.

Comment

Depends on what you need it for.
                My 2008 truck has a short bed, but back then the "short beds" were 6.5 feet. With my toolbox in, I lose about a foot, my bed is about equal to the newer f-150s with the newer super-short beds. I haul four wheelers all the time in mine, and I hate having to leave the tailgate down, so my next truck will be a long bed. If you get a newer truck with the 5.5 foot bed or whatever they are and want a tool box, forget it. You will not have enough room.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                  Long bed. I have a toolbox and can't imagine only having 4.5 of bed left to use. Parking it is pretty easy because my parents raised a man who could park a truck. Also, my most recent LWB came with a 48gal fuel tank so I only fill up about every 700 miles.
                  Wow, I’m impressed. What a man

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
                    Long bed all day and all night and twice on Sunday. In fact, I have two trucks with long beds. Don’t think I’ll ever have truck with a short bed, unless it’s my wife’s.
                    Agreed.

Comment

Long bed smoother ride short bed rougher ride and you'll wish you would have got a long bed

Comment

Long bed, if you want a truck, to do truck stuff.
                        I guess if parking is your thing then short bed.

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
                          Wow, I’m impressed. What a man
                          Well, I'm a really good parker.

Comment

Hauling long bed. Turning radius short bed.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Lots of LWB fella's all worried about the man card for the SWB recommendations. Lets see these LWB work trucks in action. I am guessing 90 % are highway queens. I feel chances are pretty good that I have more miles backing up/parking a CCLWB than most of the Machimos talking trash. I still have my Dodge 3500 CCLWB , lets up the ante by adding a 40'GN trailer into the mix for parking/backing up. Surely your CCLWB has a GN Hitch? Ha...time for some fun

Comment

96 Ford F-350 Long bed
                                Currently have 100gal auxiliary fuel tank and tool box, with plenty of bed space.
                                Parking is a breeze...just take up two spots
                                Couldn’t imagine life without it

Comment

Working...
                                X