X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and has a half of a cord of firewood in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Long bed standard cab. Have to order it. When is the last time you saw new one on the road? Best of both worlds. Long bed and works like a truck when you can see the gooseneck hitch. Don't need four doors and the trouble of parking in a Wally world parking space.

Comment

I think it depends on what all your doing with the truck. Are you going to have a crossover tool box? Is it a crewcab? Ext cab? regular cab? Crossover tool box on short beds do not leave much bed space. A crewcab LWB is a PITA to park at malls, Walmart,airports, most restaurants, Dr office's, parking garages. Its hard to believe that a crewcab short bed is that much easier to park in the above but it is. I have had crewcab LWB trucks for decade's. I traded my 13' F250 CC LWB in a Titan crewcab XD with 6' bed. Night and day difference in parking etc but I do not have a crossover toolbox like I normally do. When test driving, take it to a parking lot and park it in a few spots. My f250 with bumper replacements would take up 2 spots in Walmart/HEB, that or I would have leave it sticking out in the drive lane some.

Comment

Long Bed or Short Bed?

Long bed, plus you get a bigger fuel tank. More bed space, and it rides better than a short wheel base! Parking is irrelevant, I park
          Mine all over then SHSU campus. Only place that gets tough is parallel parking in the city or parking garages!

Comment

Long!

Comment

Short bed for me. I have long beds at work I can grab if needed

Comment

Might take a look at gas/diesel capacity. In fords the short bed is only 24 gallons where the long bed is 36-38

I’ll go back to long next truck

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                  Might take a look at gas/diesel capacity. In fords the short bed is only 24 gallons where the long bed is 36-38

I’ll go back to long next truck

Sierracharlie out…

The new fords are 30 gal for short bed and 48 gal for the long beds.

Comment

8ft bed is where it’s at. Next “guy” to whine there “too hard to park” should be stripped of his title as a man and trade his truck in for smart car.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradical BH View Post
                      8ft bed is where it’s at. Next “guy” to whine there “too hard to park” should be stripped of his title as a man and trade his truck in for smart car.

I don’t see how it’s that much harder to park in normal places, rarely have I seen spaces that a dually won’t fit in... just have to park towards the back of the parking lot

Comment

Short bed. Rarely would ever need the larger bed to overcome the PIA it is to drive a bus. I haul goose necks all over with the shortbed just fine.

Most of these guys responding probably never leave Austin in their longbed with the extended tow mirrors! lol (I just made that up...sort of).

Comment

Long bed if you actually use your truck. I wish my new truck had an 8ft bed like my last one.

Comment

Short but not the tiny 5' beds. I don't have a ranch and I don't do much if any home projects that require an 8' bed. My trucks mostly get motorcycles and deer hauled in them with the occasional furniture or appliance. I hate pulling trailers or I could probably get by with an suv.

Comment

Short for me. Easier to park, plus it fits in my garage. Don’t like leaving my expensive vehicles out all night for punks to break into. If I need to haul more junk, I got a trailer.

Comment

I like the idea of a long bed but everyday when I’m parking in the parking garage I’m happy I don’t have one. They are really nice but I already have to make some 2 point turns in some of the downtown garages in an f150, no way a lwb would make it.

Comment

Working...
                                X