Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JWalker08 View Post
    [ATTACH]941272[/ATTACH]

This pic is about 2 weeks old. Eastland Co, GW told my buddy it’s a Mt. Lion
    Lmao that’s definitely k9

Comment

I would send to the Wildlife Biologist for y’alls area, the Game wardens can tell you who they are and how to get ahold of them...We talk to ours all the time out in Motley/Hall County...
      You could also send to one to of the Older Veteranarians in the area that specializes in Horses...a lot of those guys/gals have seen a lot of stuff when it comes to horses...they are more likely to have a valued opinion with some expertise.
      Dr Alan Donnel hunted with us for a few years out of Pilot Point and he could most likely give you a really good opinion on it...he specializes in Horses....he’s been doing it along time as well.

Comment

One more for good measure

Comment

I am close to that location and my neighbor said he has a game camera picture of a mountain lion in the canyon between our houses. I have been running game cameras year round for about 10 years and I have never seen one, but I don't own the canyon. I was super excited to see it, then he said it was black. That was enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
            Just for the sake of argument, does anyone think THIS is a Mountain Lion?
            Originally posted by camoclad View Post
            Mountainbobhouselion
            Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
            Haha, no
            Originally posted by Swampa View Post
            Nope
            I don't think so either, but the fellow that has the TC pic lives in the Agnes area of Parker County & he DOES.
            Last edited by cj7zrcool; 01-10-2019, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JWalker08 View Post
              [ATTACH]941272[/ATTACH]

This pic is about 2 weeks old. Eastland Co, GW told my buddy it’s a Mt. Lion

That's a dog or a coyotoe track... cat's claws retract when they walk

Comment

I have seen a mountain lion in Parker County. Broad daylight just south of I-20 where the RR crosses near Santa Fe exit in Weatherford. It was 100% a mountain lion and it was NOT black. LOL.

Comment

I used to live near this part of Weatherford and all the locals claimed there was mountain lions. Nobody was ever able to produce a picture of a cat dead or alive.

Comment

The land owner, Dave Campbell, at Caddo,TX that me and Skylar leased from a few years ago had one on game camera less than 100 yds behind his house. Said that was twice in twenty years he lived there that a lion came through. I saw the picture and it was a pretty good sized cat. This was during a time when everything disappeared from my game cameras for about two weeks and then one day I found big cat tracks in the sandy road leading to my box blind. I told the Dave about it and that's when he showed me his game camera pictures to confirm a cat in the area. The area north of Strawn has produced several cougars over the years. I knew a coon hunter named Webb from Strawn who killed a big male his dogs treed northwest of Strawn about 20 years ago. This area is right near Diamond C where many on here have been to. I'll bet Skylar has heard of several too since he knows lots of folks from that area.
                    The more the deer population increases the more sightings are likely since deer are their #1 prey. A cougar can have a territory range of 100 to 300 sq miles so seeing one is like playing the lotto. Hard to spot a cat in an area that big since it is likely the only one there unless it's female with cubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnylab View Post
                      I have seen a mountain lion in Parker County. Broad daylight just south of I-20 where the RR crosses near Santa Fe exit in Weatherford. It was 100% a mountain lion and it was NOT black. LOL.
                      That was probably Sasquatch I’ve seen him cross the tracks a few times while I’m cruising down the interstate.

Comment

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post
                        If it was a cat, the scratch marks would more likely be on the side of the animal and not on the top of the rump!
                        Waiting for any more info!!
                        Usually they attack like in the pic, from the rear, dragging down both hips to get it on the ground.

Comment

We had an issue here, friend almost lost her horse from it. Had all the nay sayers like most of you saying it wasn't a cat. Game warden and biologist took one look at the horse and said mountain lion. We tried to trap it, call it in, baited for it, but no luck.

Comment

No updates on what happened, still a mystery as to what caused the injury. Thanks for all the input from everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by tef View Post
                              Usually they attack like in the pic, from the rear, dragging down both hips to get it on the ground.
                              Who said?

Comment

Working...
                              X