Mountain Lion Parker county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roger_Roger View Post
    I think barn tin. Probably backed up under it, wound gets deeper as it goes up. ?
    One of the best guesses so far imo. Hair shaved more than skin cut, barn tin is wavy... I can see that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Regular7 View Post
      I don’t doubt your story, but if some deep scratches nearly killed it, it must have been one of them tiny miniature horses
      Trust me when I tell you, it was a cat. The horse almost died due to the deep cuts, and the trauma. There pieces of hair, hide, and flesh torn off his rear hips, and from mid back the hips. Im not talking scratches, deep gouged cuts, tears. The horse had to be tranquilized for several days. Wounds cleaned and doctored. Several stitches. A lot of swelling and then an infection set in on one of the wounds. I saw the horse, saw the tracks, helped with the horse. Spent many nights hunting, baiting, and trying to call it in. My friend told me what the professionals told him. I'll know next time to get with the people on here first, they seem to know everything lol.

Comment

I think radar is on to something. Did y'all make a neighbor mad or a deal gone bad. Because it does look like a garden rake scratched it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Roger_Roger View Post
          I think barn tin. Probably backed up under it, wound gets deeper as it goes up. ?

This! But....surely a horse owner would have been looking for something on their property that could have caused this vs crying lion. Lol.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by tef View Post
            Well shoot, they should have called you son.
            After reading the article, it clearly states they rarely attack large livestock, but it can happen. The cat's intent is obviously to get to the neck, however it would be extremely difficult on a large horse, so they try to cripple it to the ground so gain access to the throat. Their horse had multiple deep scratch marks all along its back, hips. It barely survived. Had the owner not heard the commotion and walked outside, it would have killed it. By crushing its throat. Im sure the warden and biologist, and horse owner who all saw the cuts and tracks, and aftermath are wrong, probably making it up. Sorry I infused a little collaboration with the op, he's probably lying too. So continue on dismantling his story since there are so many experts on here. Have a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
              This! But....surely a horse owner would have been looking for something on their property that could have caused this vs crying lion. Lol.

Skinny

Comment

Working...
              X