Mountain Lion Parker county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LWC View Post
    I'm going with cattle panel or something similar that horse got hung on.
    Yep, looks like something scraped it more than a cut. I d check the picture for anything metal

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
      Someone’s pranking him I would guess
      Pretty ****ty prank to cut on a horse for a joke ...smh

Comment

Not knocking GWs here, but the GW would be the last person I’d call and share the photos with.

Instead, I’d first contact the TPWD biologist from your area.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	5E0AA0EA-0ABC-4FB7-9BD9-6BEC15612C95.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	24567165

This pic is about 2 weeks old. Eastland Co, GW told my buddy it’s a Mt. Lion

Comment

Originally posted by JWalker08 View Post
            [ATTACH]941272[/ATTACH]

Game warden is full of coyote poo.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              Game warden is full of coyote poo.
              Haha! Yep

Comment

Originally posted by JWalker08 View Post
                [ATTACH]941272[/ATTACH]

Edit...i see we are all in agreement. Haha

Comment

Chupa? No seriously, I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                    Do you consider Bandera "Central Texas"? One was hit by a car there a few years back.

https://www.banderabulletin.com/news...9bb2963f4.html
                    I guess I'm referring more to Ellis, hill, McLennan and the like. I can see Bandera having lions for sure, but not the flat blackland prairies of hill county...

Comment

OP....not sure what it was but you have to understand that a bunch of Texas Whitetail hunters are some real experts on Mountain Lions....so listen up

some of these guys expressing their opinion have even hunted in more than 3 counties.

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                        I know this thread has been dead for awhile but concerning this whole mountain lion thing, we all have our opinions but my thoughts are simple. game cams are as common as doorbell cams these days. if there is a mountain lion in the area, it should show up on a game cam. im no expert on lions but it also seems reasonable that a lion will check the feeder locations for food as they are passing through a property and, the cam that is almost always at a feeder will then get a pic of said lion. ive never seen one, heard one, or seen sign of one but im not looking for one in north Texas because they just dont roam our part of the state that much, if at all (again, show me the pictures!)

all that being said. the attached photo is from the newspaper in hill county, tx and it shows a game cam pic of a sure enough lion in peoria, tx at a feeder. first ive ever seen proof of a lion in central texas. pretty cool
                        The picture you are looking for is in post #5. You do realize that Mineral Wells is in North Texas, right?

Comment

Not a lion

Comment

Something doesn't make sense. The width of the scratches is very wide. Too wide to be from the very narrow claws of any cat.

Comment

I’m no expert just basing my opinion on my observations. I’ve lived in Parker county for over 25yrs and have yet to see a mountain lion. 18yrs in river bluff south of weatherford a little over 2000acres along the brazos. But we did have many goats get ate up over the yrs. We varmint hunted a total of about 7500acres on both sides of the brazos and killed many varmints and tons of bobcats over those yrs. Raised on a cattle ranch and never saw lion attacks on calves, cows, or horses in the area by a mountain lion. So my guess is that horse scratched himself on something and took the hair off. Having said that a few ppl on Facebook reported a mountain lion sighting in the poolville area a few weeks back. And one was run over by a guy northwest of mineral wells. I have however seen a mountain lion in Foard county in 2003 my buddy his dad and I spotted one trough a spotting scope. We stalked him but he disappeared like a ghost.

Comment

Not sure what did that but looks like we several mountain lion experts on the GS.

Comment

Working...
                                X