This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
    Some 20 years ago, I had a good buddy named Chuck who was a high school football fanatic. We both joined the Texas High School Coaches Association for $25 and got a little membership card that we laminated to make it look extra official. We used it to gain access to any game on any given Friday anywhere in north Texas. We traveled to see 6 man and watched many a clash of the DFW titans. We were even ushered into the press box on several occasions as we were often mistaken for scouts.

I miss those days. We saw lots of historic games and lots of future NFL stars.

There's nothing like the emotion of a high school game. You can learn a lot about a community simply by attending a game.

Did you ever go to Brownwood?

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
      Regarding the LSU / Devin White targeting call, "it is what it is" as the Tigers will play inspired football in 2 weeks and try to shock the world.

I did some research on the Crimson Pachyderms confirming the last time an Alabama player was called for "Targeting". There were numerous late hits on defenseless players and very blatant helmet to helmet contact. Referees either looked the other way or swallowed their whistle.

The last targeting call against Alabama happened nearly 15 years ago. Ironically it was an offensive player and clearly visible on national TV. Joseph William Namath was called for targeting against Suzy Kolber. Video replay shows Namath lunging forward and leading with his head. The game was halted and sent to the replay booth for review. After reviewing the play for all of 3 seconds, SEC officials located in Birmingham ruled that Namath never made contact with Kolber and the targeting penalty was picked up, Namath got to stay on the field. More proof that shady-sheeet happens with Alabama

Lmao

Comment

The Ags have to stop the QB run and don’t need him passing the ball either he has put it on the Ags the last two seasons doing those two things. And the offense has to wake up this week the bulldogs have a good defensive !

Comment

2018 College Football - Week 9

Originally posted by Clint View Post
          That would be the year after my high school, Brazoswood, beat PNG in the dome and went on to win state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking back when you won state, you were the top dog. It is very watered down now with so many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Alabama's opponents win-loss record...28-30=.483.

What that means is ....well......the teams on their schedule are 28-30..

In

Comment

Oklahoma State always gives Texas fits even when Texas was hands down more talented then them !! So it probably will be another great game between them !!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                In

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                  Speaking of Arlington/Mojo...this was an unreal game the year after I played at Permian. Huge comeback win. Boobie blocking and Shawn Crow running.

1987 Permian Arlington James "Boobie" Miles - YouTube

Lloyd Hill was a pretty good player on that team, too.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                    In

I take is this means you are in the Avatar Challenge?

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
                      I take is this means you are in the Avatar Challenge?
                      That's exactly what he meant! And he even gave you a preview

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                        That's exactly what he meant! And he even gave you a preview

Did you miss him coming out and trying to be Monsieur Golden Boy?
                        Last edited by 18ncs; 10-24-2018, 12:50 AM.

Comment

I don't guess a coming out, he just joined the race

WWL Radio is covering the latest & breaking news live in New Orleans & around the U.S., updated around the clock. Listen live & see the latest.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                            The Ags have to stop the QB run and don’t need him passing the ball either he has put it on the Ags the last two seasons doing those two things. And the offense has to wake up this week the bulldogs have a good defensive !
                            Offense is the key to the Ags. The defense has been respectable. Mond has not lived up to the expectations he created in the Clemson game. He will be the difference in a respectable bowl game or a pre-Christmas bowl game. I am afraid LSU will have a hay day with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                              They see him as a guy that can play both sides of the ball. One report I read said these are the type of guys Texas would pass and then get beat by when they played elsewhere. Herman's staff has recruited guys at Texas that may not have a natural position, but are athletes / football player type guys.
                              Smart move by Herman and his staff.

Comment

Hello Wednesday

Sure am tired of the rain.

Comment

Working...
                                X