Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m a dead down wind and evercalm on my boots kinda guy

Comment

For a coverscent, I have used Burnham Brothers Cedar Oil for over 30 years. It was especially effective when we were outfitting for elk in NW NM. I also used it when rattling for whitetails as a buck could respond from any direction but would ultimately end up downwind. There are more ingredients in this product than just cedar oil as cedar oil by itself does not have a strong odor.
      Adios,
      Gary

Comment

Activated carbon powder.
        5gal bucket of distilled water. 2 cups powder to 5gal water.
        Mix
        Soak clothes, hand work, hang to dry, store in air tight container

Comment

Ozone and Buck Bomb Doe P has worked for me on countless occasions. I'll have to give Scent Thief a shot.

Comment

Comment

I had a friend of mine tell be about Scent Thief. I was very skeptic. Left my ozonics off (did not turn on at all for the hunt) and only used Scent thief. Had 2 separate does at 5-10 yards from me, downwind and did not bust me. Both tried to figure out the smell, after 5 min, gave up and went back to feeding. I was truly impressed and will continue to use. Just my experience. The Scent Thief Smell is not that bad, results were impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                So I guess if he is on a trail of a hot doe and comes around when you sprayed the scent Thief he stops chasing the doe cuz he can't smell or anymore?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                Anybody ever quit chasing tail because they couldnt smell it?

Anybody reckon itll train some bucks afterwhile? How many times will it take walking into “no smell zones” and something getting whacked to train a critter?

Comment

I like dead down wind spray. It may be completely unnecessary, but it’s my peace of mind I guess. Lol. I’ve had good luck with it.

Comment

the smoking method does work for some areas, I did it for a season and would get bumped a lot....maybe in the area I was hunting the smoking smell wasn't that normal to the deer and they probably smelt me coming down the road

Im a firm believer DEAD down wind is the best scent killer product out there spray wise...yes deer will still smell you if your downwind of them but it gives you a window I believe to squeeze a few seconds out to get that arrow or bullet off

Comment

Originally posted by Passafist View Post
                      Whatever is 1/2 off at the end of season. Just keep in the A/C and it’s good for the next season
                      Close to what I do. Whatever is on clearance at Academy after the season is over. But I don't always use. I focus on wind direction , conditions and path in to the stand as well.

Comment

They are all sh#% example I sat in a new stand and got busted. I washed my clothes and showered. Did not sweat and sprayed down multiple times. Deer still blew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't use elimination spray, never have. And I still kill deer. Just like I don't wear camouflage clothing inside a box blind. What's the point, the only thing deer are going to see is your face, maybe. And I still kill deer. Now if I'm hunting out in the open, I will, most of the time, put on some camouflage pants and shirt. Although, at times I have worn just a plain black, green, or brown shirts with camo pants or vise/versa. There are a lot of products out there that are helpful, to an extent. But IMHO, I think a lot are just gimmicks for people who are new to hunting and don't know any better. Last year I took a doe with a 12 gauge using Fed. 00 buck at about 21 yards, out of a 8 foot platform with no roof or walls, and some burlap camouflage netting. I was wearing faded blue jeans and a brown sweatshirt and no scents. To each his own, I guess. Good luck and good hunting.

Comment

I am a religious believer in smoke and vanilla. I believe that you have to smoke with native wood and if not, you will get busted every time. I have a bee smoker that I use and when I use oak tree leaves in a predominantly mesquite area, I get busted but in the oak tree littered lease, the smoke doesn't phase them.

After hearing about this dang scent thief, I am going to have to try it.. I am the biggest sucker I swear!

Comment

Ok, I have some on order. The county I hunt has deer but they are as skiddish as they come. Only by the grace of god have we been able to get deer in the freezer.

Once I get an opportunity to use the Scent Thief, I will report back on my observations.

Comment

I've used the DarkHorse cedar cover scent from MWD Outdoors before and had spectacular results. moderate breeze directly from behind me. 8-10 deer from 13-27 yards....from a double bull blind. they barely even looked up for most of that hunt. FOR SURE thought I was toast. Made me a believer in their stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X