Scent Elimination sprays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    The title should read scent reduction sprays..
    Reduction is still elimination just not total [emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
      Reduction is still elimination just not total [emoji41][emoji106]

LMAO.....wrong.....nice try though.

e·lim·i·na·tion
      əˌliməˈnāSH(ə)n/
      noun
      noun: elimination; plural noun: eliminations
      the complete removal or destruction of something.

re·duc·tion
      rəˈdəkSH(ə)n/
      noun
      noun: reduction; plural noun: reductions
      1. 1.
        the action or fact of making a specified thing smaller or less in amount, degree, or size.
        "talks on arms reduction"

Last edited by Smart; 09-15-2018, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Well if you want to get technical I was talking redneck

Comment

I just hang my clothes outside, shower before going to stand, sometimes I use Dead Down Wind. I think its all about playing the wind correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
            It works.
            It's kills the bacteria that causes scent and it works as a cover scent.
            Animals smell smoke all the time . I've personally seen deer walk through a fresh and still smoldering clear cut burn.
            I've been doing it for yrs

Just make sure it is local wood / brush smoke. Cigar smoke ain't gonna cut it.

Comment

Wind is your friend. Red and yellow kill a fellow red and black a friend of Jack oh wrong thread

Comment

....and if there's farm equipment around, like where I hunt, just a bit of diesel on your boots...or find a spot where some implement has been leaking hydraulic oil and kick around in that dirt a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by laredoarcher View Post
                  Scent Thief !
                  Originally posted by redfishted View Post
                  I will use some kind of scent eliminating spray, dead down wind or whatever I can find, but also use cover scent as well, Scent Theif is the best I’ve ever used I use it every-time I go out.

Yep, so far Scent Thief is the only thing I've used that seams to work. I got busted by deer many times last year and then I started using Scent Thief and never got busted again and had many deer directly down wind at less then 20 yards. I even had pigs come in less the 5 yards from directly down wind and they didn't bust me and that has never happened before. I wanted to do a lot more testing on it for hogs after deer season but I got so busy with work I haven't been able to hunt. I just bought a 64 oz. bottle right before I saw this thread.

Now with that all said, I've tried get some friends to use it but as soon as they smell it they wont use it as it smells like Vics vapor rub. I personally didn't think it would work at all but it never failed me in about 10-15 hunts last year so I'm basically sold on it for deer, for pigs it's yet to be determined. I do a lot of hand corn spots and I was afraid the scent of it would keep pigs away but that quickly got put to bed when I sprayed all my hand corn with it right in front of my game camera and the pigs came in at their normal time and went to eating like nothing was wrong. Pigs will almost always balk at any new smells but they didn't care at all about the Scent thief smell. Heck I've put out Hog wild, corn mixed with Jello and many other new baits at spots that had pigs coming in regularly and the pigs always avoid it for a day or two before they come in and eat.

Comment

hmmm, always used DDW, may have to look into the scent thief

Comment

I shower before hunting, hang clothes outside, and then spray down with vanilla. This works great for me.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
                        Yep, so far Scent Thief is the only thing I've used that seams to work. I got busted by deer many times last year and then I started using Scent Thief and never got busted again and had many deer directly down wind at less then 20 yards. I even had pigs come in less the 5 yards from directly down wind and they didn't bust me and that has never happened before. I wanted to do a lot more testing on it for hogs after deer season but I got so busy with work I haven't been able to hunt. I just bought a 64 oz. bottle right before I saw this thread.

Now with that all said, I've tried get some friends to use it but as soon as they smell it they wont use it as it smells like Vics vapor rub. I personally didn't think it would work at all but it never failed me in about 10-15 hunts last year so I'm basically sold on it for deer, for pigs it's yet to be determined. I do a lot of hand corn spots and I was afraid the scent of it would keep pigs away but that quickly got put to bed when I sprayed all my hand corn with it right in front of my game camera and the pigs came in at their normal time and went to eating like nothing was wrong. Pigs will almost always balk at any new smells but they didn't care at all about the Scent thief smell. Heck I've put out Hog wild, corn mixed with Jello and many other new baits at spots that had pigs coming in regularly and the pigs always avoid it for a day or two before they come in and eat.
                        do you use just the spray or any of the other stuff with it too?

Comment

So I guess if he is on a trail of a hot doe and comes around when you sprayed the scent Thief he stops chasing the doe cuz he can't smell or anymore?

Comment

Ozonics machine. =)

Comment

Tnik's

not!!!

Comment

Where do you buy Scent Thief?

Comment

Working...
                                X