No announcement yet.

Scent Elimination sprays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use cedar branches inside of the box I keep my clothes in. I have used dead down wind field spray before but I’m don’t put a lot of belief in it. I’m interested in trying the smoke now. May have to get a fire going and burn some of this pecan wood.

Comment

Whatever is 1/2 off at the end of season. Just keep in the A/C and it’s good for the next season

Comment

Originally posted by lnester View Post
        Just ordered 36 oz of Scent Thief. Hope it works.
        I used Scent Thief this season and had great results. Had multiple deer circle downwind of me and never got busted. Big fan of the stuff.

Comment

I've had varying results with Scent Thief, mostly positive but not all. It seems to me to smell like that old product Noxzma.

Comment

Anyone ever try putting work close in hunting spot so deer get used to your scent?

Comment

I’ve heard keep diesel cans out around your blind deer will get used to it and you want ever get blown out . Just what I’ve heard 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                I’ve heard keep diesel cans out around your blind deer will get used to it and you want ever get blown out . Just what I’ve heard [emoji848]

Sure for your regular feeder deer.
                That new mature deer cruising through looking for does may disagree. .

Comment

Cedar wood essential oil and distilled water.

Comment

👍

Comment

��I agree

Comment

I have been using Scent Guardian from Texas Raised Hunting Products. It is new on the market but getting some pretty rave reviews from elk guides and bowhunters from the first week of season.
                        I agree with scent reducing products, as I feel that it is impossible to eliminate all human odors. I use this product and the Predator Death Grip when using hand calls with good success to "buy" a couple extra seconds on coyotes.
                        Adios,
                        Gary

Comment

I looked a lot for a "tested" or "proven" product done by a third party for confirmation that they work. None to be found. I could not find any actual "proof or valid testing" by a third party showing that a product worked. Outdoor life did some research using a dog, good read and Ozonics won by a large margin. Scent Thief has been out a few years, but not much info that I could find, other than ads and videos by the owner.....

Comment

very entertaining thread....and now i'm tempted to order this dadgum scent thief...i'm such a sucker!

I've had mixed results on a lot of it, smoke (worked and busted), bottled stuff (worked/busted) and vanilla...same...

Comment

Skunk scent... Clean body.... Clean clothes... scent eliminator spray......Will do the cow crap on the boots, cedar limb rub, etc IF either/both are common to the area

Comment

I've been making my own cover scent for the last few seasons. Boil down a good bit of cedar in a couple gallons of water. Strain after an hour or so. Add some baking soda and a little straight up alcohol to keep it from molding. Put it in a couple of spray bottles and your good to go. I usually freeze a few of the bottles and defrost as I run through it. I think it works as well as anything over the counter combined with washing my hunting clothes in unscented soap and storing them in a sealed container.

Comment

Working...
                                X