No announcement yet.

Scent Elimination sprays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The smell of fire and smoke mixed with human odor.
    That's not terrifying to a deer at all.

I like products with silver, Primo's has some.
    The metal's antibacterial properties have long been accepted.

Don't forget your breath.
    There's always residual human scent around your set, but a whiff of bacteria loaded mouth scent and he absolutely knows you are there even if he can't see you.

Deer, pigs and my hound live in an olfactory world we don't understand.
    We're all just guessing, but that's my take.

Good luck
    Last edited by Clark; 09-18-2018, 06:45 AM.

Comment

I have used smoke and ozonics and got busted. May as well give something else a try.

Comment

I’ve posted this here before but I’ll say it again, im sold on scent thief. It smells very similar to the smell of particular weed that grows where I live and when you shred the weed you get the same smell. Last year I killed three really good bucks with my bow, all while soaked down with scent thief. Coincidence, maybe, but I’m not going to take that chance. Yes, I also hunt the wind, wash my clothes and bath in scent free soap, and spray down with some sent elimination spray first.

Comment

I rewatched Bambi, everything ran like heck at the first hint of smoke. Wind and luck, can’t beat it

Comment

Originally posted by Hula Popper View Post
            I rewatched Bambi, everything ran like heck at the first hint of smoke. Wind and luck, can’t beat it
            They also talked.

Comment

True

Comment

It also depends on the deer. I've had some sit under my 12' tripod stand as I was coughing and sneezing with horrible allergies, yet have had other turn tail 60 yrds away because it seems they caught a whiff of something unfamiliar. Some deer are just smarter than others. Then there's the ones that are smart enough, but just lazy and don't care...Just like people! You can't go wrong though with trying to do something that helps control or masks your scent, but I don't think there is a one all, best way of doing it. With so many experienced deer hunters in Texas, if there was a one best solution for scent control, it would have been proven beyond dispute and everyone would be using it; however, to me, no one has been able to pin point a best method because most field testing comes with varying results. That or it comes with a price tag most people don't want to chance and test on their own.
                Last edited by danny.brandon; 09-18-2018, 08:21 AM. Reason: Forgot last sentance.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                  Nose jammer
                  I have had deer run from this stuff after one whiff!

Comment

Scam

Comment

Originally posted by Saddlehorse View Post
                      I have bottles of dead down wind left over from last year Will they stlll work
                      If it hasn't turned black.

Comment

First stop Fire doesn't have a smell.
                        Second they smell smoke all the time somebody somewhere is burning something you're around in the woods.
                        If I can find the pics of the deer walking through a freshly burn clear cut while it's still smoking and small fire still burning.
                        so by your account they should all ran for the hills not walking through the clear-cut but still burning.
                        You're never ever going to eliminate your scent what you try to do and take the deer think you're far enough away by reducing your scent or covering it up so they don't perceive it as a threat.
                        Originally posted by Clark View Post
                        The smell of fire and smoke mixed with human odor.
                        That's not terrifying to a deer at all.

I like products with silver, Primo's has some.
                        The metal's antibacterial properties have long been accepted.

Don't forget your breath.
                        There's always residual human scent around your set, but a whiff of bacteria loaded mouth scent and he absolutely knows you are there even if he can't see you.

Deer, pigs and my hound live in an olfactory world we don't understand.
                        We're all just guessing, but that's my take.

Good luck
                        Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                          Scam
                          Yawn

Comment

cow pies have always work great for me,just don't walk into the ranch house with ur boots on u might have to sleep outside!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Dead down wind and ozone.

Comment

I had 2 doe directly down wind this morning eating corn at 20 yards.
                                It’s a small sample, but I wreak of Vick’s vapor rub and they werent the least bit jumpy.

Comment

Working...
                                X