New F150 diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
    9000 is the rating well a bit over that but . I can say in the Ram eco they pull much better than a gas truck like a 6.2 LS better MPG pulling as well . Its some where in the middle of a 3/4 ton rougher riding gas vs full tilt big diesel .

1/2 truck that can get great MPG towing and ride nice its a fit for some .
    Hold on there, Tex. Two years in a row, we've made a trip up to CO, pulling trailers and gear. One truck, a '15 Ram Ecodiesel, the other truck a '15 F250 6.7. The Ecodiesel pulled a 16' enclosed trailer at 5,500 lbs and Ford pulling a 20' utility trailer at 8500 lbs. Yes, the Ecodiesel was getting 13.5 mpg, while the Ford was getting 10.2 mpg. The kicker, the Ecodiesel couldn't go over 70 mph because the temps were getting too high, setting off CEL. The Ford 6.7 was happy going 85 and still getting 9.5 mpg doing it, but had to follow the Ecodiesel which made for a much longer drive.

My $.02, the Ecodiesel is perfect for those wanting a truck that do not tow much and "can" get 28 mpg. However, it's not ideal for medium+ loads. Personally, I don't care about fuel mileage, but more about reliability and ability. Heck, TFL did their "Ike Gauntlet" test on the Ford 3.0 Powerstroke and it failed and went into "limp" mode the first go round. If you're buying a half-time to tow, don't buy a diesel.

Comment

Working...
    X