No announcement yet.

New F150 diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve seen how they’re priced... I’d just stick with a 3/4 ton.

Comment

I doubt people that pay 70 grand on a f150 do not keep them for 150k miles.

They are stupid crazy priced

Comment

Main problem I see is emissions regs in the US.

There are plenty of manufacturers that have been and continue to put diesel engines in cars and SUV's in Europe. These vehicles simply aren't made available to be sold in the US. Heck, many of them achieve higher HP, more torque and better MPG as compared to their gasoline counterparts.

Mercedes, Audi and BMW all make diesel powered SUV's that are sold outside the US. Heck, Mercedes has been putting a diesel engine in cars for decades now.

I think the idea of a diesel in a half-ton is more in obtaining better gas mileage while maintaining or exceeding HP and torque as compared to the equivalent gasoline powered V-8.

Comment

IMO, the only reason to own a diesel is to pull something heavy. That's why I drive a half ton and use my one ton to pull my tractor or backhoe. Even when I drove a 3/4 ton, it was a V10. I could never see the difference in price for the diesel truck for the little difference in mileage. It won't work out on paper for me.

Comment

Is it really 70k for a 1/2 ton?
            I think the deal with the 2 timing belts is a bad design, if a belt breaks it would set the timing off on the engine and bend valves or rocker arm.

Comment

I think a diesel half ton makes sense. Heck most guys with 3/4 tons don't tow anything. Better MPG for 95% of your driving supposedly last longer although don't see it now. Makes sense to me. Wish I got better MPG but I'd want a 4cyl Cummins with about 300-350tq. I don't tow much maybe a boat but the 30mpg would be great

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                Main problem I see is emissions regs in the US.

There are plenty of manufacturers that have been and continue to put diesel engines in cars and SUV's in Europe. These vehicles simply aren't made available to be sold in the US. Heck, many of them achieve higher HP, more torque and better MPG as compared to their gasoline counterparts.

Mercedes, Audi and BMW all make diesel powered SUV's that are sold outside the US. Heck, Mercedes has been putting a diesel engine in cars for decades now.

I think the idea of a diesel in a half-ton is more in obtaining better gas mileage while maintaining or exceeding HP and torque as compared to the equivalent gasoline powered V-8.
                I service a couple tractor shops and they are having so much issue with tier 4 engines that take DEF. Kubota and JD techs are telling its a lousy set up.

Comment

looks like the hpfp is in the back also.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                    I service a couple tractor shops and they are having so much issue with tier 4 engines that take DEF. Kubota and JD techs are telling its a lousy set up.
                    Are delete kits available for tractors like they are for trucks? People called me crazy when I deleted mine when my truck was new with only 6k miles on it but it was the best decision I ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                      Are delete kits available for tractors like they are for trucks? People called me crazy when I deleted mine when my truck was new with only 6k miles on it but it was the best decision I ever made.
                      Probably not yet. Def was just on 100 hp tractors first, now it’s on the lower hp. The ecm will need to be reprogrammed to eliminate the def system. Then a EGR cooler will need bypassed.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                          It’s OK. You’ll be able to service the belt every time you put another 10speed tranny in it
                          What does this mean...the A10 is going to be the flagship tranny for both Ford & GM across their line up due to the joint venture.

I haven't heard of any major issues on either side yet & have one in a 650hp camaro & one in a company F150. Impressed with both versions so far.

Normal Operating temp is 200+ degrees!!

Comment

I'm in the market for a new half ton but not real interested in this. The math don't work as its 30 mpg doesn't make up for the extra up front cost, added fuel cost and maintenance. It may be cheaper per week at the pump but not over all. Not one bit.

And the numbers suggest that it may tow as well as the 5.0 or 3.5 eco but it won't come close to their performance empty. And let's be honest most if us drive empty most of the time.

But you can leave the engine running at the pump so you have that cool factor working for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post

They are not available for tractors...yet

Comment

I drove one of the new F-150 diesels and they run pretty good. I bet pulling on a long trip will be much better than the 5.0 or ecoboost. Probably gonna be better than most think.

Comment

Working...
                                X