Duck Season 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post

Solid hunt on the south farm this morning with 18 ducks (teal, shovelers, and gadwall) and 3 specks that we’re our first birds of the day. We are on pins and needles waiting on our north zone farm opener it’s holding lots of geese and ducks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yall had more big ducks than most other groups in our area, looked like a teal season part 2 from all the pics I got.

Comment

How did y’all who went out do today? My friend and I both accidentally slept in and didn’t make it. We may or may not try and go this afternoon.

Comment

Me and my son got limits this AM on the coast. Still looks like teal season with mostly teal again.

Comment

Comment

We killed limits this morning. The birds went nuts when that frontline moved through with high winds and rain. Greenwing,bluewing, widgeon, gadwall and even a couple of spoonies.

One bluewing drake was 100% fully plumed. Purple iridescent head with full crest, really nice pattern on the breast, even perfect on the feathers where the back meets the wing. Just unbelievable killing a bird like that the 2nd day of the season.

The bluewing teal I have mounted was killed just before Thanksgiving and my taxi thought that bird was full plumage really early.

Comment

Duck Season 2018-2019

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
              We killed limits this morning. The birds went nuts when that frontline moved through with high winds and rain. Greenwing,bluewing, widgeon, gadwall and even a couple of spoonies.

One bluewing drake was 100% fully plumed. Purple iridescent head with full crest, really nice pattern on the breast, even perfect on the feathers where the back meets the wing. Just unbelievable killing a bird like that the 2nd day of the season.

The bluewing teal I have mounted was killed just before Thanksgiving and my taxi thought that bird was full plumage really early.

Have pics of this blue wing?

I got this one on Saturday morning. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7694.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	24559312

Last edited by Jmsck12; 11-04-2018, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                Have pics of this blue wing?

I got this one on Saturday morning. [ATTACH]931978[/ATTACH]

Yeah, he is wet in the pic though. I dont mess with posting pics here, too much trouble, resizing etc. I can text it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                  Yeah, he is wet in the pic though. I dont mess with posting pics here, too much trouble, resizing etc. I can text it to you.

It’s alright, no need to go through all that.

On another note, is there anyone around me (raymondville area) that duck hunts and would like to go after em some time? Looking to meet more users from here and kill a couple ducks while at it.

Comment

We shot a 4 man limit yesterday and a 2 man today. It was fun. Mostly teal with a couple of spoonies.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
                        2 real birds on third strap to the right!

Comment

Four person limit on Saturday and Sunday - mostly blue wings, a couple of green wings, and some gadwall, redheads, and a shoveler or two (I do not discriminate). Teal were moving fast and did not decoy well, but I shoot better when they are buzzing by versus in my face.

Great way to kick off a season, especially with such a slow/non existent teal season for me.

Comment

My dog is ready, hope I am!!

Comment

ISO of a guide or or individual that would be willing to take me on a duck hunt. I'll be willing to pay for the trip.

Comment

I lease on the Walker/Houston county line on the Trinity and we have a new 1500 acres of prime wetland from the flooding going on, water everywhere. Have not seen that many ducks this year, only a few woodies but would bet they are scattered all over. Even some nice little ponds pop up fron some pastures just holding rain water.

Comment

Working...
                                X