No announcement yet.

Duck Season 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little mix bag today on the public land! Fun morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Managed a one man of teal on the trinity this am. Was on a roost of about 1,000 birds Friday scouting, pins mallards and gads that pushed out overnight. Total mad house on Friday. Had high hopes then total gut punch. Hope we have better luck tomorrow....

Comment

Originally posted by Fishxbones View Post
        Nothin but gaddies this morn. I'll take it though!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
        Gaddies are just gray mallards. Congrats.

Comment

We are crushing teal in the woods along the gulf coast. It’s kind of a surprise the way they are behaving but I’ll take. 100 plus ducks this weekend and last at Pin Oak Farms.

Comment

Had a good weekend hunting some pasture/prairie that flooded a couple inches deep with the rains this past weekend. 4 man of mallards, pintail, grays and teal on Saturday. 3 man with mallards, pintail, wigeon and teal today. My 10.5 year old chocolate is still getting it done.

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
              Had a good weekend hunting some pasture/prairie that flooded a couple inches deep with the rains this past weekend. 4 man of mallards, pintail, grays and teal on Saturday. 3 man with mallards, pintail, wigeon and teal today. My 10.5 year old chocolate is still getting it done.

That’s awesome. Where are you located and what made you decide to hunt the flooded pasture?

Comment

You guys are doing good!

Our opener is Saturday. Decoys are out and stuff is ready. Few ducks around, too.

Comment

We have decent numbers. Hopefully conditions will stay right!
                  Attached Files

Comment

[[/URL]

Great hunt!!!! Such an easy hunt for the old dog too, cant beat that!!

Comment

I'm going to have to get creative for next year. The kids are wanting to go now....Such a proud dad I am. But we all wont fit in my tiny kayak. Going to start a jon boat project for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post
                        That’s awesome. Where are you located and what made you decide to hunt the flooded pasture?

These particular hunts were on one of my best friends ranches in Labelle which is just east of Winnie. All our family duck stuff is down towards High Island. I had gone out the day before and drove the ranch looking for birds. For some reason, when we get enough water to flood these pastures the ducks stack up in them when we have a good front. I cruised thru there on the buggy and saw a couple hundred teal get up and stopped and climbed on the roof of the buggy and 3-400 yards out there were 6-700 birds loafing around. Found 2 or 3 other spots with similar numbers in a couple mile stretch of road. I'm not sure what particularly they are eating in there that they love so much because when I open them up I find a mixed variety of rice from fields on the ranch, to duck weed, etc.

Comment

Nice 3 man limit of green and my first limit of mallards with my new 28 gauge at an undisclosed location. 11/9/18.
                          Attached Files

Comment

These particular hunts were on one of my best friends ranches in Labelle which is just east of Winnie. All our family duck stuff is down towards High Island. I had gone out the day before and drove the ranch looking for birds. For some reason, when we get enough water to flood these pastures the ducks stack up in them when we have a good front. I cruised thru there on the buggy and saw a couple hundred teal get up and stopped and climbed on the roof of the buggy and 3-400 yards out there were 6-700 birds loafing around. Found 2 or 3 other spots with similar numbers in a couple mile stretch of road. I'm not sure what particularly they are eating in there that they love so much because when I open them up I find a mixed variety of rice from fields on the ranch, to duck weed, etc.

That’s awesome. Congrats. I’m on the west side of Houston. Hunt between blessing and Palacios.

Comment

Anyone ever hunted up in panhandle area with Cadillac Creek outfitters?

Comment

Ol pup did good this passed Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                                X