Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fredericksburg to become home to $78 million Seven Hills Resort and Conference Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sika View Post
    You guys are really worried over nothing. Fredericksburg and JC will continue to grow, with or without a resort. Property values in the area will continue to skyrocket and those of us that that prefer a little smaller, quieter town will just have to keep moving west.
    Sika, are you worried about Llano? I brought property to specifically get away from fberg. I'm worried about people moving to fberg and wondering "I wonder what Llano is like and ring our small town feel.

Comment

Where’s all the water going to come from for all this influx of people coming to Texas? We don’t get the rains like we use to in central Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by clffrdfdge View Post
        Where’s all the water going to come from for all this influx of people coming to Texas? We don’t get the rains like we use to in central Texas.
        Water is always an after thought. San Antonio keeps sprawling and we are now almost continuously under water restrictions...just means SAWS gets to continue to jack our rates up and pocket more money to "continue exploring for other sources of water"

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
          Sika, are you worried about Llano? I brought property to specifically get away from fberg. I'm worried about people moving to fberg and wondering "I wonder what Llano is like and ring our small town feel.

Hell no, bring on the HEB. We’ve got three properties in Llano county. If town gets too congested we will just sell everything and buy a nice big ranch somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It used to be that Kerrville and Fredericksburg were places to go and relax and enjoy the peace and quiet. Not anymore, those days are gone.

And the aquifer surely doesn't need the hit it is going to take with that resort coming in.

Progress sucks sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post

And the aquifer surely doesn't need the hit it is going to take with that resort coming in.

Progress sucks sometimes.

It sucks but you can't stop it. It makes me sad to see all those rugged hills west of Austin covered in hundreds of new cookie cutter houses smashed together on tiny lots. The Hill Country around San Antonio is the same. And no one worries about water resources until we are in a drought but Central Texas will be having to deal with a water crisis like Phoenix or LA someday.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                If you don't think F'berg is already commercialized.....you aren't paying very close attention.
                As I was reading these post in this thread, I was thinking, Fredericksburg is one of the most commercialized places in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                  You guys are really worried over nothing. Fredericksburg and JC will continue to grow, with or without a resort. Property values in the area will continue to skyrocket and those of us that that prefer a little smaller, quieter town will just have to keep moving west.
                  Bingo. I find it funny when people complain about growth and progress. Guess what you house didn't come with the Earth. At some point your neighbor didn't want you building or being there. Just part of being on this great Earth living in the great State we live in. Drive thru some Texas or New Mexcio small town that have all but died. Grow or die.

Comment

It’s going to come to a point with all this progress no one but the rich will be able to afford living anywhere. Property taxes keep going up because of it and what you bring in doesn’t!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X