Asf ez-feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tkarr88 View Post
    Does bucees still carry this feeder? I want to try to grab a few this summer. Located around weatherford would be great!

Thanks for any info
    Yes, they had 4 of them outside at the Terrell location yesterday.

Comment

Looks like I forgot to update, but an All Seasons rep reached out to me after reading my bad motor post on here.
      He supplied me with a new motor as long as I return the old.
      Which I will do after the swap is completed (hopefully this weekend).

Thumbs up to All Seasons and their positive customer support.
      [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yessir, my experience with ASF has been good as well WRT Customer service! Stick burner I bought from Bucee's several years back that they made I found out after getting it home was missing one of the cooking grates... They sent me a replacement shipping included, no questions asked.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
          Looks like I forgot to update, but an All Seasons rep reached out to me after reading my bad motor post on here.
          He supplied me with a new motor as long as I return the old.
          Which I will do after the swap is completed (hopefully this weekend).

Thumbs up to All Seasons and their positive customer support.
          [emoji106]

Same here. Motor failed because the wire guard chafed through the wires before last season! They made it right and I re positioned the wire guard. Went to lease last week and still running strong. Great investment.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

My motor wire was victim to the rubbing issue or striking with corn.

I was told at ASF (when I dropped the motor off) the new Bucees feeder models have a steel conduit that protects the wire.

I used one of the pvc spacers as conduit and wallowed out the factory hole to make it fit.

I replaced the solar panel as the factory one had a crack in it from a hog slaying I pulled off early lat season- I don’t shoot it, but somewhere in the may-lay it failed victim.

I also added some coon deterrents as they had emptied half a feeder since my last trip out. I had pulled the battery since the motor was dead so I know it wasn’t throwing- have plenty of coon party pics at the feeder while it was down .

Hopefully these mods will make it fool/coon proof for here on out.

Comment

I added a 2” strip of aluminum plate to the bottom shield to bring the plate out to the edge of the feeder. Some of those coons have a loooong reach!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                I added a 2” strip of aluminum plate to the bottom shield to bring the plate out to the edge of the feeder. Some of those coons have a loooong reach!!

In hindsight I like your approach better.
                The extra 2” should keep them from reaching the spinner, but still allow them to clean the plate.

The way I did it the only plate cleaning will be at the far corners.

Comment

What gauge do y’all reckon the spinner protection plates are?
                  (The part that y’all are adding 2” to.)

Comment

Don’t know but it’s pretty heavy. I used 3/32” aluminum plate, bent it up on each end and drill-screwed to to the legs where it lined up with the plate.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                      What gauge do y’all reckon the spinner protection plates are?
                      (The part that y’all are adding 2” to.)

Mine is just flimsy flashing material, time will tell if their hunger overrides their pain threshold.
                      Being that it is thin, it came out pretty sharp and the points mean business.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                        My motor wire was victim to the rubbing issue or striking with corn.

I was told at ASF (when I dropped the motor off) the new Bucees feeder models have a steel conduit that protects the wire.

I used one of the pvc spacers as conduit and wallowed out the factory hole to make it fit.

I replaced the solar panel as the factory one had a crack in it from a hog slaying I pulled off early lat season- I don’t shoot it, but somewhere in the may-lay it failed victim.

I also added some coon deterrents as they had emptied half a feeder since my last trip out. I had pulled the battery since the motor was dead so I know it wasn’t throwing- have plenty of coon party pics at the feeder while it was down .

Hopefully these mods will make it fool/coon proof for here on out.

I had the same issue with older models not having the conduit protector and I stopped by there and they gave me the cover and some machine screws. They also gave me some silicone and it’s holding good. Only issue was you have to be out of corn and seal from the inside and wait like 4-6 hours until it’s solid. Tube said 30 minutes but I wasn’t going to trust 600 lb. of corn pressing on new silicone.

Comment

Looks like I need to extend my predator guards.

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
                            Looks like I need to extend my predator guards.

That's a good one. Guess you need to extend your feed time.

Comment

Got one last year. The corn chute? Wasn't connected to the bottom of the box so the inside filled up with corn. Also leaked and spoiled the corn. Hopefully that's the last of the issues.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Long time lurker here......

I've used the Bucees EZ fill feeder for the first time last year. It worked well, but I'd like to swap the spinner plate for one of those that has the flaps on the end, as I've found them to be very good over the years. Does anyone know if it will work, have enough room in between sheet and bottom of feeder? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X