No announcement yet.

Asf ez-feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They sell them on ASF page under EZ Outdoors. 400# 12 volt.

Comment

Glad I put it up on cinder blocks at the end of the season.

Comment

Having problems with one of mine. Spinner barely turns when the timer goes off. It's not bound with corn. Acts like a dead battery but I swapped them with no luck. Motor going out?

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
          Having problems with one of mine. Spinner barely turns when the timer goes off. It's not bound with corn. Acts like a dead battery but I swapped them with no luck. Motor going out?
          Possibly motor going out, but check to make sure the spinner plate is properly secured to the motor shaft (set screw). I’ve had them loosen over time and the motor spins like normal but the spinner plate barely moves. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by louieagarcia View Post
            Possibly motor going out, but check to make sure the spinner plate is properly secured to the motor shaft (set screw). I’ve had them loosen over time and the motor spins like normal but the spinner plate barely moves. Good luck
            Seems you'd be able to hear the motor running?

Comment

Make a jumper to test the motor, it'll always come in handy. If you use a new, tested battery, and you jumper straight to the motor from that battery and it does the same, then its the motor. I hope that makes sense.. A battery can show good voltage but not have the amps to do the work.

Comment

The very first thing I'd do is look at the impeller and check the set screw(s) for tightness. It's easy and may save you a lot of headaches. I've had this happen more than once. It is especially true for impellers that have only one set screw and if when installed the assembler did not install it on the "flat" of the motor shaft properly... Hard to identify by sound too. It is very deceiving. Those 12 volt motors make practically no sound when running. Virtually all the noise you hear is the noise the impeller generates.

Comment

How do you get to the impeller and check set screw? Take off entire bottom metal?

Comment

Unless you have a long screwdriver. I haven't looked closely at mine (I have a couple of these too), but I think that motor is mounted to that bottom plate so whether you have to take it off to tighten the impeller or to actually replace the motor, same thing would have to happen... Personally, I'd identify what kind of set screw it is (slotted or socket head, Phillips, etc.) and try to rig up a combination of extensions and such to get a proper driver to it and check it for tightness first.

Comment

Of course make sure you're not in the way of the corn, but just grab ahold of the motor when its supposed to go off, you'll feel if its spinning at full force. Or just undo the 4 bolts on the bottom of that bottom motor plate and plug the hopper hole as you drop it, then you can check it all easily..

Comment

I am having the same issue as Toledo. I will know Sunday when I return with a new battery. I am concerned because the meter on the controller showed a somewhat full battery. Hoping it's not a motor issue.

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
                          Do you have it set on low, medium or high? I’ve read having it set on low can cause this and by putting it on medium or high fixed it.

Comment

Is the battery supposed to be included with this feeder? I’ve bought other asf feeders in the past and they came with the battery included. Picked up 2 of these at bucees and did not think about the battery until I was home. No battery for the 2 we just got.

Comment

Originally posted by tkarr88 View Post
                              Is the battery supposed to be included with this feeder? I’ve bought other asf feeders in the past and they came with the battery included. Picked up 2 of these at bucees and did not think about the battery until I was home. No battery for the 2 we just got.
                              Battery is not included.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                Don’t know but it’s pretty heavy. I used 3/32” aluminum plate, bent it up on each end and drill-screwed to to the legs where it lined up with the plate.
                                Coons are emptying my feeders, do you have a picture of your fix?

Comment

Working...
                                X