No announcement yet.

Asf ez-feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tractor supply sales the same feeder in 400# though.

Comment

No sir I don’t. It worked though. I put a trail cam on the feeder and pulled the card last week after a month. Very few coins on the feeder. They an get to the corn on the shield but that’s it. Before adding the extra flat bars they’d be huddled up to the feeder all night and empty the feeder in 2 weeks. But basically just get some flat strips at least 2” wide and screw them to the legs. If you can get some aluminum strips 2 1/3 to 3” wide, you can screw or pop rivet them to the existing bottom plate. That’s how I’m going to do my next ones. If it sticks out beyond the bottom of the feeder, it will catch water running down the side of the feeder. Even with the bottom works 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
        Do you have it set on low, medium or high? I’ve read having it set on low can cause this and by putting it on medium or high fixed it.
        Don't remember but a new motor fixed it.

Comment

Update on mine.....bad motor had to replace it. Hope it was just a fluke. I've had little 6 volts last 15 plus years that I'm still using. Wasn't too bad of a job replacing the motor. An extra set of hands was a big help.

Comment

If you guys are having corn underneath the feeder then it’s coons. Trust me these feeders aren’t “varmint proof”.

Comment

Originally posted by fieldofdreams View Post
              If you guys are having corn underneath the feeder then it’s coons. Trust me these feeders aren’t “varmint proof”.
              They're more varmint proof than most. You know they are smart creatures, that and maybe you just have too many coons. Sounds like maybe it time to set some traps.

Comment

They'd be pretty much varmint proof if the bottom plate came out to the edge of the feeder bin. I extended mine and no more coon problem...

Comment

That’s a great idea to extend it. I’ve got video of coons spinning the corn off the spin plate. Quite a bit of corn! But you can tell they are barely reaching it. Another inch or 2 and they couldn’t get it. And as far as them being more “varmint proof than most”. Maybe, I have bought ASF higher end feeders and they are great for the coons. But a big sticker on the feeder that says varmint proof may be misleading. Maybe varmint resistant would be a better term.

Comment

Originally posted by TazerFace View Post
                    They're more varmint proof than most. You know they are smart creatures, that and maybe you just have too many coons. Sounds like maybe it time to set some traps.
                    Traps have been set and 3 coons have met their demise. However, don’t put a big varmint proof sticker on something that coons can get to. Many of us hunt areas with lots of coons and I think it’s fair to let people know that coons can in fact reach the spin plate on these feeders. I was naive to think that they couldn’t but I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by fieldofdreams View Post
                      Traps have been set and 3 coons have met their demise. However, don’t put a big varmint proof sticker on something that coons can get to. Many of us hunt areas with lots of coons and I think it’s fair to let people know that coons can in fact reach the spin plate on these feeders. I was naive to think that they couldn’t but I was wrong.
                      Lol...

Comment

Looks like a good deal

Comment

Do you think cattle will mess with a feeder like this without a pen? I want to put one in our field to get hogs out into the open at night.

Comment

Cattle on our lease have not messed with ours... yet.

Comment

Does anyone know what the dimensions are on the plate on the bottom that is supposed to stop the coons from reaching the spinner plate.

Comment

I'll measure mine next time I'm there, plus I plan to get another one soon. Whichever comes first, I'll post the measurements.
                                My next one, I will have some 3" wide plates cut to just pop rivet or bolt to the existing plate. The plate is about 2" short of reaching the outside edge. I know they did that to keep rain from running down the side of the feeder and into the plate then to the motor, but with a small gap, I still don't have that problem yet the coons cannot reach the spinner. Before the mod, they could just barely reach it from the middle of the side... Really, you only have to have about 24" of plate to add to the middle 2/3 of the bottom plate and you'd be fine. They can't reach it from the corners anyway...

Comment

Working...
                                X