Which Side x side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derek H. View Post
    Well after reading everyones reviews and considering my needs im going to head over to a local can am dealer and try to make a deal on a defender max hd8 on friday. After considering how much gear we take with us theres no way it can all fit in the mule without adding a ton of racks or pulling a trailer with it.
    Ask the Can-Am dealer how the cost of repairs on a Defender stacks up against other brands. We have a first year model Defender and have had zero problems, but the dealer did warn us up front that it was more expensive to repair than other brands. We loved that thing after driving it so we took the chance. So far, so good. We have the HD10 and it's a beast.

Comment

How much do dealers come off sticker price on the Mule's?

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
        Guys don’t over look the new gator. Great motor and there priced is lower than some of the more popular brands. I love mine. It pulls great and has lots of weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I like my Gator as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TXDUCKCUTTER View Post
          Is your Mule the SXT?Or just a Mule?

I believe ya'll are painfully talking about 2 diff machines...
          Mule pro FXT rancher or lonestar edition. The plain mule is even slower. But the fxt feels like it has a permanent trailer attached to it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
            How much do dealers come off sticker price on the Mule's?
            We got 2000 off ours. It was the best deal we could find at the time we were looking.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              I don't really duck hunt with mine (had both sizes), but with the seats up and tailgate down, you can strap a 65 qt rotomolded cooler behind the seats. Mine also has a top (my current 1000-5) that I had custom made from aluminum that I can walk around on. I've hauled all sorts of stuff up there from corn, to ladders, t-posts boards and such. Plus I have a front basket that is big enough for guns, bows, back packs, etc... With 4 people, I deploy one rear seat leaving 1/2 the bed available for gear and such (things like dead hogs/deer! ) if need be.
              You have a picture of that front basket?

Comment

You have a picture of that front basket?
                Will post when I get home.

Edit: Here you go...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pioneer-1000-005.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	24543994

It's all aluminum and dismounts with 2 wingnuts.

Name:	IMG_6667.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	24543995

Name:	Pioneer-1000-001.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	24543996

Name:	Pioneer-1000-004.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	24543997
                Last edited by SaltwaterSlick; 07-05-2018, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  Will post when I get home.

Edit: Here you go...

[ATTACH]914532[/ATTACH]

It's all aluminum and dismounts with 2 wingnuts.

[ATTACH]914533[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]914534[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]914535[/ATTACH]
                  Thanks and nice setup.

Comment

Anybody know the turning radius on the CanAm Defender?

I am getting ready to buy a new side by side as well and am down to the CanAm Defender, Mule Pro FXT and the Honda. I have driven all but the Defender so far and am pretty torn. I have a buddy that just got the Defender and has been raving about it.

Thanks for the help

Comment

Does anyone know a can am dealer? Im curious what they will come off on an hd8 max. I have a good idea of what i can get a mule for but cant find anything on the can ams

Don’t know your location but give Destination Cycle in kerrville tx a call we bought our hd8 there and they worked us a great deal. They were several thousands less than several dealers across Texas great service also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gmac View Post
                        Anybody know the turning radius on the CanAm Defender?

I am getting ready to buy a new side by side as well and am down to the CanAm Defender, Mule Pro FXT and the Honda. I have driven all but the Defender so far and am pretty torn. I have a buddy that just got the Defender and has been raving about it.

Thanks for the help
                        According to this link, turning radius for the Can-Am Defender is 26 feet circle, so I guess the radius would be 13 feet...

The Honda Pioneer 1000-5 is also 13.8 ft.

Mule pro fxt is 16 feet...

Comment

So went to the dealership this morning and drove a couple can ams and a pioneer 1000-5. Loved the defender it was smooth with the power, quiet and rode great. The pioneer had a ton of power but was jumpy accelerating and slowing down and had a whine to it also. To be fair it had just been put together so it might get better with a little run time. It also didnt ride quite as smooth as the defenders. Was unable to come to a deal on a can am but am talking with a dealer in ok about one now.

Comment

I love the Mule

Comment

So went to the dealership this morning and drove a couple can ams and a pioneer 1000-5. Loved the defender it was smooth with the power, quiet and rode great. The pioneer had a ton of power but was jumpy accelerating and slowing down and had a whine to it also. To be fair it had just been put together so it might get better with a little run time. It also didnt ride quite as smooth as the defenders. Was unable to come to a deal on a can am but am talking with a dealer in ok about one now.
                              Gooddeal!

Comment

Good decision. You won't regret it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X