No announcement yet.

Which Side x side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess I’ve had a good run with Polaris ATV’s & now Ranger. Have had 3 ATV’s...zero issues. Now have a ‘16 Ranger 900 xp...again zero issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
      I have had my fxt serviced a few times and it's no where near 1200 each time. Also I believe you can do the maintenance yourself and Kawasaki will honor your warranty as long as you keep all your receipts ect. I haven't put that to the test yet just what I have heard and read.
      Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
      Yeah.... that’s incorrect information.

The maintenance is expensive at any dealer. UVC quoted $500 for the 20 hour maintenance. I don’t know where you’re getting 1200 from.

Plus, if you use approved lubricants they honor the warranty if you do it yourself. Valve lash being the worst part of DIY.
      Picked up my mule about the time I wrote this. I requested their service dept give me the cost for the first six services and all but the second we’re in the $1200 range-mainly due to the required valve adjustment. Got these in writing based on what Kawa wants done for each service and the dealer charge for each of those. You say Kawasaki will honor the warranty doing the work yourself yet the two places I called said work needed to be done by a Kawa certified mechanic or warranty would be void.

Comment

Originally posted by SPDKLZ View Post
        Picked up my mule about the time I wrote this. I requested their service dept give me the cost for the first six services and all but the second we’re in the $1200 range-mainly due to the required valve adjustment. Got these in writing based on what Kawa wants done for each service and the dealer charge for each of those. You say Kawasaki will honor the warranty doing the work yourself yet the two places I called said work needed to be done by a Kawa certified mechanic or warranty would be void.
        You need to call around to different service departments at different dealers. I never heard of $1200. Maybe it’s your location.

I called Kawasaki corporate. The dealer told me the same thing they told you and I didn’t believe it. Corporate told me I would maintain my warranty if I used fluids equivalent to Kawasaki house brand. I specifically asked about AMSoil and they said that would be fine. Lots of people use AMSoil.

Would they make it difficult on me if I did have a warranty issue? Maybe.... just depends on the dealership I bet. I can promise you that if you’re anything like me, you’re going to want to do it yourself. The “give a dang” that most “mechanics” have these days is pretty low

Also, if you perform the oil changing yourself, you’re going to want to do the modification to the rear seat kickpanel. There’s a bulletin you can get on the net with the dimensions and parts. It essentially is drilling a hole in the rear seat kickpanel to be able to easily remove the oil filter without having to disassemble a bunch of crap every time.
        Last edited by 12RingKing; 07-27-2018, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Kawasaki of irving would do the “oil change mod” free. Went with K&N filter with the nut in the end, can each in and change filter without removing panel.

You need to call around to different service departments at different dealers. I never heard of $1200. Maybe it’s your location.

I called Kawasaki corporate. The dealer told me the same thing they told you and I didn’t believe it. Corporate told me I would maintain my warranty if I used fluids equivalent to Kawasaki house brand. I specifically asked about AMSoil and they said that would be fine. Lots of people use AMSoil.

Would they make it difficult on me if I did have a warranty issue? Maybe.... just depends on the dealership I bet. I can promise you that if you’re anything like me, you’re going to want to do it yourself. The “give a dang” that most “mechanics” have these days is pretty low

Also, if you perform the oil changing yourself, you’re going to want to do the modification to the rear seat kickpanel. There’s a bulletin you can get on the net with the dimensions and parts. It essentially is drilling a hole in the rear seat kickpanel to be able to easily remove the oil filter without having to disassemble a bunch of crap every time.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
            Invest $500 in a quad trailer and add 1,000 pound towing capacity behind your SXS...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Where did you get your trailer? It looks sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by BowCrazy View Post
              Where did you get your trailer? It looks sharp.
              Built it from a Harbor Freight trailer I got for $150

Comment

Funny y’all should bring this up.
                Just a month ago I caught my yamaha dealer not doing the following on my Viking as part of the initial service I paid for-
                1. checking the valves (none of the bolts showed signs of being worked)
                2. pulling the spark plug boot in order to establish TDC to check the valves or check the spark plug
                3. most likely not changing the oil filter because I could still see water spots on the oil filter from the last time I washed it. They claimed they washed the machine after the oil change? Say what - it was clean when I brought it in🤨.

When I took it back and showed them evidence of their lack of work, they did not act surprised at all. They apologized and kept it for another day and supposedly did the work that I already paid for.
                This time they at least ran a socket over the valve cover bolts and nocked the dirt glaze off the spark plug boot.

To be truthful I doubt they did any of it.
                Once again imo dealerships are crooked.

And to add insult to injury, my cousin bought the “maintenance package” from this same dealer for $1500. I’ve got to wonder how much of that $1500 he will actually recoup.

Comment

Mule Pro FX

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                    Funny y’all should bring this up.
                    Just a month ago I caught my yamaha dealer not doing the following on my Viking as part of the initial service I paid for-
                    1. checking the valves (none of the bolts showed signs of being worked)
                    2. pulling the spark plug boot in order to establish TDC to check the valves or check the spark plug
                    3. most likely not changing the oil filter because I could still see water spots on the oil filter from the last time I washed it. They claimed they washed the machine after the oil change? Say what - it was clean when I brought it in🤨.

When I took it back and showed them evidence of their lack of work, they did not act surprised at all. They apologized and kept it for another day and supposedly did the work that I already paid for.
                    This time they at least ran a socket over the valve cover bolts and nocked the dirt glaze off the spark plug boot.

To be truthful I doubt they did any of it.
                    Once again imo dealerships are crooked.

And to add insult to injury, my cousin bought the “maintenance package” from this same dealer for $1500. I’ve got to wonder how much of that $1500 he will actually recoup.

I alway wonder what dealers really do, I know some out there are outstanding but I bet most are like this

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech32 View Post
                      I alway wonder what dealers really do, I know some out there are outstanding but I bet most are like this
                      There is a simple solution to dealer problems and that is doing your own work. Anything short of an engine rebuild is actually really simple on most machines. Not sure how these dealers get away with charging a ton for a valve adjustment that takes less than an hour to do if you are a half decent mechanic. Unless your machine is under warranty never bring it to the dealer unless you have to.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                        There is a simple solution to dealer problems and that is doing your own work. Anything short of an engine rebuild is actually really simple on most machines. Not sure how these dealers get away with charging a ton for a valve adjustment that takes less than an hour to do if you are a half decent mechanic. Unless your machine is under warranty never bring it to the dealer unless you have to.

I hear ya and normally do everything except the valve adjustment myself.

I could learn/practice on one of my quads first, except the Viking does come with a 3 year warranty I’d hate to void. From what I’ve read online- as long as I document that I did check it it should keep the warranty intact, just not sure if Yamaha agrees with that.

Comment

Working...
                        X