Which Side x side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
    I’m snagging my Defender Max HD 10 DPS in camo with roof for $15k out the door. Took a bit of haggling, but I’m happy with the deal.

Keep us posted on that Defender. I really liked the ones I saw but was scared of a first year model so I went Mule. The Defender is a very nice sxs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

im a huge Honda guy and have a big red sxs now and love it I just have a family now and want to upgrade. Hade my mind made up I was going with a pioneer since it can be work or play and its a Honda. Then I went in sat in the back seat of one and I could not imagine being back there for any longer than 5-10 min much less a long trail ride. My problem is that we need one to work and one to go on camping/trail riding trips so most of the crew models are so long you have to lift them to have enough ground clearance and I don't want to do that. I love the mule pro fxt ranch edition but the flat bench just isn't that great for trail riding so I am considering the teryx 4 since it still has a little bed and I can make a rack extension for it for additional storage that is bed level. kinda rambled on but I would go with the kawi as hard as that has been for me to say lately. no way on Polaris, can am is really nice but so dang long and imo they are always loud

Comment

Originally posted by Payton View Post
        Keep us posted on that Defender. I really liked the ones I saw but was scared of a first year model so I went Mule. The Defender is a very nice sxs!

We currently have 4 Can Am side by sides between me and my dad. We’ve been VERY pleased with them. I don’t expect any issues. Overall my initial impressions are favorable. It’s very quiet and sufficient power (I’m coming from 2 seater Commander 1000). The ride is excellent. I know that I will be disappointed with one thing though, as I was with my Commander. The lack of a true locking front differential. I didn’t need it very often, but it’s very valuable when you do. It’ll take some getting used to not being as sporty as the Commander, but it’s a lot better suited for my uses these days.

Comment

Originally posted by ckamp52 View Post
          im a huge Honda guy and have a big red sxs now and love it I just have a family now and want to upgrade. Hade my mind made up I was going with a pioneer since it can be work or play and its a Honda. Then I went in sat in the back seat of one and I could not imagine being back there for any longer than 5-10 min much less a long trail ride. My problem is that we need one to work and one to go on camping/trail riding trips so most of the crew models are so long you have to lift them to have enough ground clearance and I don't want to do that. I love the mule pro fxt ranch edition but the flat bench just isn't that great for trail riding so I am considering the teryx 4 since it still has a little bed and I can make a rack extension for it for additional storage that is bed level. kinda rambled on but I would go with the kawi as hard as that has been for me to say lately. no way on Polaris, can am is really nice but so dang long and imo they are always loud
          Ive ridden all over CO, UT, ID, MT, NM, and TX. I’d wager that my Defender would only have trouble in UT mainly. I know each has some trails that I would have to turn around on, but I have yet to find them. I was hesitant to go with the long wheel base of the Defender Max myself for that reason. The more time I spent on trails the more I realized that there’s not much that I’d like to do that I wouldn’t be able to do. I’d just have to pick better lines for the most part.

Comment

We currently have 4 Can Am side by sides between me and my dad. We’ve been VERY pleased with them. I don’t expect any issues. Overall my initial impressions are favorable. It’s very quiet and sufficient power (I’m coming from 2 seater Commander 1000). The ride is excellent. I know that I will be disappointed with one thing though, as I was with my Commander. The lack of a true locking front differential. I didn’t need it very often, but it’s very valuable when you do. It’ll take some getting used to not being as sporty as the Commander, but it’s a lot better suited for my uses these days.
            Ive ridden all over CO, UT, ID, MT, NM, and TX. I’d wager that my Defender would only have trouble in UT mainly. I know each has some trails that I would have to turn around on, but I have yet to find them. I was hesitant to go with the long wheel base of the Defender Max myself for that reason. The more time I spent on trails the more I realized that there’s not much that I’d like to do that I wouldn’t be able to do. I’d just have to pick better lines for the most part.
            What models do you own? Which would you recomand for someone looking for a two seater (light but capable machine) to be used mainly to get around on trails up in the mountains?? And I am referring more of a "cut down the walking type/increase hunting range" and not necessarily "joy riding" trails.

Comment

thanks for the first hand knowledge. I haven't heard from anyone but you tube research and dealerships who will say anything. may have to reconsider which direction I am headed then

Comment

I have the max and like it. The ground clearance isnt great, but it's no worse than a ranger or mule pro fxt. We have all 3 in my family. I plan on a small 2" lift and a little bigger tires just to bump it up some, but nothing major as I dont want the issues associated with big lifts and tires.
                thanks for the first hand knowledge. I haven't heard from anyone but you tube research and dealerships who will say anything. may have to reconsider which direction I am headed then
                Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                  How much do dealers come off sticker price on the Mule's?
                  right now I have em down to 15, 398 out the door, not sure, but seems pretty good (with ag exemption) pro fxt ranch edition can get an LE cheaper and don't get a winch and a few other things as well
                  Last edited by ckamp52; 07-24-2018, 09:33 AM.

Comment

I think the biggest issue is the lack of true locking front diff. I’m probably going to throw on some 28-29” tires, but that’s about it. Should get me anywhere I need it too. If I make a trip to Moab again, then I’ll probably rent an X3 or Razor at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                      What models do you own? Which would you recomand for someone looking for a two seater (light but capable machine) to be used mainly to get around on trails up in the mountains?? And I am referring more of a "cut down the walking type/increase hunting range" and not necessarily "joy riding" trails.
                      We’ve got a Commander 800 XT, Commander 1000 XT, Commander 1000 XT Max, and now this Defender Max HD10 DPS. For getting you and your gear there then I’d say a Defender HD8 DPS or XT would be perfect. The 800cc motor is quite surprising in the power depeartment, and will be an excellent machine. The XT just has a few more features than the DPS model. For sure get power steering though.

Comment

Give kawasaki of Irving a call, where I bought my mule...but arent you selling your honda because its not getting used??? haha, just goshing ya

right now I have em down to 15, 398 out the door, not sure, but seems pretty good (with ag exemption) pro fxt ranch edition can get an LE cheaper and don't get a winch and a few other things as well

Comment

Originally posted by Derek H. View Post
                          Well after reading everyones reviews and considering my needs im going to head over to a local can am dealer and try to make a deal on a defender max hd8 on friday. After considering how much gear we take with us theres no way it can all fit in the mule without adding a ton of racks or pulling a trailer with it.

Invest $500 in a quad trailer and add 1,000 pound towing capacity behind your SXS...

Last edited by TXBRASS; 07-24-2018, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Picked her up a bit ago![ATTACH]916565[/ATTACH]
                            This is what I'm thinking about getting.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                              Give kawasaki of Irving a call, where I bought my mule...but arent you selling your honda because its not getting used??? haha, just goshing ya
                              I will give them a shout....haha partly. really just needing to step up to a larger seating capacity because of the kid and aussies fight over seating space and somebody ends up in sitting in the floor

Comment

no way on Polaris, can am is really nice but so dang long and imo they are always loud[/QUOTE]

Your 100% right about the older sport model can am's being loud.
                                The defender is completely different though. Its between a mule pro and the defender for quietest utv I've been around and driven.

Comment

Working...
                                X