No announcement yet.

Which Side x side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front diff on mules are limited slip and is one on the few that is not fully locking. That is one of the only things I don't like with the Mule and how heavy they are. Polaris has its own type of 4wd, not sure how it works.

Honda and Yamaha has fully locking front diff. I would think Duck hunting this would be a huge plus.

At the end of the day try them all out and pick the one for you. If everyone was the same we would not have so many choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Payton View Post
      Mule is definitely heavier.

Mule can fit a full size pallet in back. HUGE bed. Neither Ranger of Mule can haul a full load and be full of riders at same time. That’s why Mule you slide back seat forward and get the big bed.

Mule has a locking REAR differential. Polaris front diff lock rear only as well. Front diff on of All UTVs is limited slip.

Mule has two problems as an Owner I hope they change:
      1) Power - they need to remove the detune on their engine and somehow add ~20hp. With 28” tires all decked out mine seems about the same power as my 570 Ranger Crew.

2) no sway bars!!! The mule has bad body roll and if lifted and a heavy top it’s worse. They need sway bars!!

I like both for various reasons.

Lights, sound bar, and woofer all ready to go on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sweet rig!!!

Comment

Honda all day I will never have anything with Polaris on it again

Comment

So for those of you that duck hunt with the pioneer 4 and 5 seaters where do yall put all of your gear when you have extra passengers with you? Do yall just pull a small trailer?

Comment

Originally posted by Steves ATV View Post
            Outside of the price tag, anyone have any experience with the Can Am Defenders? Mule Pro FXT is solid. These are the two at the top of my list. We'll see what the market is like when I'm ready to buy in a year or so.
            I have the defender, my dad a mule pro fxt. Everyone in our family like the defender best.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Derek H. View Post
              So for those of you that duck hunt with the pioneer 4 and 5 seaters where do yall put all of your gear when you have extra passengers with you? Do yall just pull a small trailer?
              I don't really duck hunt with mine (had both sizes), but with the seats up and tailgate down, you can strap a 65 qt rotomolded cooler behind the seats. Mine also has a top (my current 1000-5) that I had custom made from aluminum that I can walk around on. I've hauled all sorts of stuff up there from corn, to ladders, t-posts boards and such. Plus I have a front basket that is big enough for guns, bows, back packs, etc... With 4 people, I deploy one rear seat leaving 1/2 the bed available for gear and such (things like dead hogs/deer! ) if need be.

Comment

My new mule

Comment

I’m trying to make the same decision myself. Have heard good things about the mule.

Comment

love my mule pro fxt, just wish it was a little faster

Comment

Guys don’t over look the new gator. Great motor and there priced is lower than some of the more popular brands. I love mine. It pulls great and has lots of weight.

Comment

The mule has no real useable bed in the 4 seat configuration. That's our biggest complaint. And its painfully slow
                        Looking for opinions on side x sides. Its primarily going to be used for duck hunting on a lease and doing a little work around the house.
                        Have narrowed it down to a ranger crew 900, honda pioneer 1000-5 or possibly a mule pro fxt.

Comment

How are the mules on noise and leg room?
                          Pretty quiet at slow speed. Loud when pushed. Leg room is good, but seats are uncomfortable.

Comment

My mule pro goes 46mph, any faster and I'm getting into serious trouble on dirt roads!

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                            The mule has no real useable bed in the 4 seat configuration. That's our biggest complaint. And its painfully slow

Comment

Picked up my mule fxt 2 months ago. The cons are short, but the same as earlier described. The ground clearance was pathetic without the 2" bracket lift. The mule could be faster, but at our lease, theres not many stretches to drive over 20mph. The thing is TOP HEAVY, i am being told to put spacers or wider wheels to widen the stance, i'll see how that works. Everyone else at the lease has rangers, and it stays right with them, until a ranger crew has to turnaround, and thats where the shorter wheelbase of the mule shines. The mule is quieter, smoother, and better riding. The mule has a car engine, chinese albeit, but they've been proven in other applications. My opinion, If you want something to go to an offroad park, and break things anyways, buy a ranger(lots of aftermarket toys). If you want something smooth, quiet, maneuverable, and more durable, get the mule. I also noticed in the last month they have more rebates out on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post

I can easily haul enough corn to fill a feeder, my 65 gallon water tote and have put several pigs back there when it's in the crew. How fast you needing to go on ranch roads and trails?

Comment

Working...
                                X