Pineywoods LL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dpatterson1976 View Post
    I will be interested to see how they do this year. This team is based out of my local community. I know there has been some grumblings on how the league was formed and the teams constructed. I hope for the kids playing nothing comes about it.
    And there you have it. You called it back in June. I have never heard of Little League having a team of the best players formed before the season begins. Was this the case for this particular team? I am not totally up to date on how they do things these days. My Wife and I pulled our son from Little League before he turned eight. He spent the next ten years playing tournament ball. I remember a time when Parents called us and four other players asking our kids to come back and play Little League when they turned twelve. No way. Not the same competition. Feel bad for the kids though because it certainly sounds like adults got in the way again.

Comment

That report looks like they got them in a technicality regarding games played.

Some games were not official because of the number of players?

Comment

Sucks for the kids but I'm not surprised. The league was formed with the express purpose of making a run to Williamsport. They didn't draft their teams they assigned them, basically they had an A,B and C team.

Had they let those kids enter our draft and play the rec season on different teams I would have no problem with them selecting the All-Star team of the coaches choice, for Pineywoods LL specific, but the fact is they didn't advertise signups they recruited players to sign up.

Sad to see LL manipulated to this point. We have a great league and a great board locally hopefully stuff like this doesn't ruin it for others.

Comment

Sucks for sure, that NWLL team should go far though, they are a majors team same as the pineywoods was. Seems like thia could give the pineywoods ll a bad name, wouldnt be suprised is there isnt one next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chris1911 View Post
            Sucks for sure, that NWLL team should go far though, they are a majors team same as the pineywoods was. Seems like thia could give the pineywoods ll a bad name, wouldnt be suprised is there isnt one next year

NWLL lost 2 straight after taking Pineywoods place and they are out. Seems a solid dose of Karma was served to both team's organiser. Shame the kids had to be involved in adults trying to game the system.

Comment

keep seeing the pineywoods LL head coach posting tryouts for his organization, i wonder if hes having trouble filling positions....he also lost 2 kids from his flagship team.

Comment

I hope it doesn't ruin his business, however the quote in the Tyler paper about not having a "competitive advantage" and they were DQ'd on a technicality is laughable.

If you're in LL you know the rules to be eligible for All-Stars everyone does, it was just one more way they tried to get around the rules and get kids in to play All-Stars and enjoy the benefits, exposure and press of LL, without doing the work and following the rules, like everyone else, so that it would raise his profile in the for profit baseball world.

The kids are super talented and could have won and the sad thing is all this was avoidable, and his teams could have been achieved within the rules of LL. But they wanted the All-Star team to play together all year???....glad they got exposed because it would have gotten worse next year.

I do hope they try again with their league doing it the right way within the rules and they get more kids playing baseball because there are kids in that geographical area I'm sure that could benefit from it and otherwise wouldn't have an opportunity to learn and play the game.

Comment

Yes, the competitive advantage comment is laughable. 12 Premier level players against 8 league kids is absurd. He knew exactly what he was doing. In reality, all he had to do was let those 12 kids play their 12 games on a league team, break them up for 12 games, 3 on each team and it might have made things interesting. However, if he were to happen to lose the league championship, then those kids would have been coached by someone else and he couldn't have that happening,,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by Dugie View Post

I do hope they try again with their league doing it the right way within the rules and they get more kids playing baseball because there are kids in that geographical area I'm sure that could benefit from it and otherwise wouldn't have an opportunity to learn and play the game.
                    Actually his entire LL area lies right on top of several existing youth baseball groups. And although he is building fields in Liberty City he had very few kids from Liberty City playing in his organization.

In my opinion this was put together with the end goal being Williamsport. Either way I do not see PW LL being around next year.

Comment

As a Little League All Star team moves down the road, they start seriously scrutinizing the birth certificates, the charters, and everything else. There is someone at every turn trying to bring a league down. There's too much in the rules to keep teams from forming specifically to go to Williamsport. I guess some do, and then some folks cheat all the way there (Danny Almonte). Funny how some areas just routinely produce good Little League teams.

Our league, Lamar, got split up from the controversy of going to the LLWS two years in a row and winning at most other age groups too. After the split, now all the area teams have to worry about two monsters and not just one. One of them is nearly always in the mix. It was Lamar that beat the NWLL the first game.

It is a shame to see what lengths people will go to just to win at Little League. I've seen all of this and worse - even seen lawsuits over it.

Comment

Where we are Dixie reigns, i doubt theyll have success next year trying to fill the league. He focused on this year because his best group is in the 11/12u group, mostly 12. He doesnt have a good team coming up next year into that same age group, all his best players move up to 13u this fall

Comment

keep seeing the pineywoods LL head coach posting tryouts for his organization, i wonder if hes having trouble filling positions....he also lost 2 kids from his flagship team.
                          no...its the fall and many kids play football. my fall team is down in numbers too

Comment

Originally posted by SPUD View Post
                            no...its the fall and many kids play football. my fall team is down in numbers too
                            what team/age group you run?

we are 13u playing with Mizuno out of gladewater

Comment

what team/age group you run?

we are 13u playing with Mizuno out of gladewater
                              have the 8u Weekenders...we moving up to 9u this fall...but with football..half my team plays football. so im teaming up with a buddy to form 9u Armour

NO WAY WOULD I PLAY FOR MIZUNO (...I guess cant call it that anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by SPUD View Post
                                have the 8u Weekenders...we moving up to 9u this fall...but with football..half my team plays football. so im teaming up with a buddy to form 9u Armour

NO WAY WOULD I PLAY FOR MIZUNO (...I guess cant call it that anymore?
                                why not

Comment

Working...
                                X