No announcement yet.

Pineywoods LL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we dont play LL, we play dixie in the spring and then travel in the fall. this year we kept the all star team together from the 12u Ozone and built a team under mizuno. we wanted to keep them together since this will pretty much be the Longview HS team in a couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by Dugie View Post
      I will be shocked if they don't win it all. I don't even think they will be in a close game.
      they barely beat lufkin that last game, idk if they just didnt bring the bats or what.

Comment

they play again friday at 8...i guess theyre playing int he sectionals tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by chris1911 View Post
          they barely beat lufkin that last game, idk if they just didnt bring the bats or what.
          I thought it was 14-6, and 10-0 after the first, which I'm sure they saved pitching after that.

Kids are really good, looks like they are missing a couple of really big kids that played in the interleague here in Tyler.

Do you know if they had residency or age issues with them? and couldn't be included on the All-Star team?

Comment

I guess y'all are in the North division? We start our regionals in Center on Saturday. We have a decent squad. We went undefeated in our warmup tourney and undefeated in district. We'll see how good we really are this weekend I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Dugie View Post
              I thought it was 14-6, and 10-0 after the first, which I'm sure they saved pitching after that.

Kids are really good, looks like they are missing a couple of really big kids that played in the interleague here in Tyler.

Do you know if they had residency or age issues with them? and couldn't be included on the All-Star team?
              they played lufkin twice, first time was the blow out, second time it was 2-1. i dont know about the eligibility stuff, or who played during the regular season. i was busy with Dixie, we played around 30 games so i was really busy

Comment

The LL team consist of players from 2 12U Majors Teams, 12U Dugout Glory and 12U Texas Tribe.

Residency Map Pineywoods LL

Comment

Only the Major LL games/teams matter, the select teams that they play with or for don't matter kids have to play a min. number of league games to qualify for All-Star eligibility.

I'm not sure how they got their games in since they didn't get to play in our league.

It will be interesting to see but they are sure talented.

Comment

Not sure about these teams in specific. But a coworker of mine told me of a scenario where a little league snuck a bunch of select kids in way past halfway through the season. There was no way to put them on a single team and get enough games for them to play all stars. They got around the rule by rotating each kid on multiple teams to get their minimum game requirements met. Pretty crappy if you ask me, kids who played all year knocked out by kids who came in over halfway through. It’s a shame what people will do

Comment

My son plays on a pretty decent team out of Tyler. We faced Dougout Glory and they smoked us. Those kids can play for sure.

Comment

Pineywoods LL

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
                        Not sure about these teams in specific. But a coworker of mine told me of a scenario where a little league snuck a bunch of select kids in way past halfway through the season. There was no way to put them on a single team and get enough games for them to play all stars. They got around the rule by rotating each kid on multiple teams to get their minimum game requirements met. Pretty crappy if you ask me, kids who played all year knocked out by kids who came in over halfway through. It’s a shame what people will do

It gets pretty sad when its more about the coaches/parents pride instead of the kids that want to play. Sports in general has taken a turn this way imo. Sad to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Agreed. My boy is 6 and is just getting started into little league. My buddy’s kids play select but he doesn’t allow them to play little league after they start select because he doesn’t agree with beating up on the average joe little league kids with his select kids. I tend to agree with him and if and when we ever go select, there’ll be no more little league for us. There’s no competition most of the time, I just don’t understand the point of handing out beat downs like that

Comment

Agreed. My boy is 6 and is just getting started into little league. My buddy’s kids play select but he doesn’t allow them to play little league after they start select because he doesn’t agree with beating up on the average joe little league kids with his select kids. I tend to agree with him and if and when we ever go select, there’ll be no more little league for us. There’s no competition most of the time, I just don’t understand the point of handing out beat downs like that
                            I look at it a bit differently, I think the league ball is a good thing for the better players. I have 2 boys that played Elite/Premier level and also played league ball until they were 12. They had a great time playing against their teammates and it taught them to be leaders on the field. I think both can coexist and serve a purpose. For the better players, it's about getting more at bats and working on skills. We've also played select ball with coaches that would rather a kid play a game than be at a practice during the week. We typically met once during the week and on Sundays.

Now, when you get an adamant coach that wants his select team to play together or parents that say "my kid only plays for this coach", well, that doesn't work, and should not be allowed. I detest a select team being inserted into league play and then that whole team becomes the All Star team. Seen it happen a few times as a past VP of Pony and travelling all over with my two boys. We once played a Katy team in Conroe for Pony Regionals, they were straight select, and beat our All
                            Star team handily. Fast forward to October, Elite event at Baseball USA and we play them again, same group and recognize the coaches. Baytown Outlaws beat the pants off them, 20-1. Boy were they mad, complaining about everything, wanted to see rosters/birth certificates, it was mess. What happened was they got a taste of their own medicine and couldn't take it. What comes around, goes around, lol.

Comment

i feel the exact same way about the leadership role on the LL and Dixie teams. in travel teams all the kids are pretty evenly matched so they are all leaders on the field, dixie most of the kids only play 2-3months a year and forget 3/4 of the stuff they learned the year before. so, having a couple select kids step up and lead on the field helps the kids that dont play alot but also helps themselves learn how to be a leader to those kids.

Comment

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
                                the way longview does our drafting, coaches draw a number from a jar, then get pick their Assistant coach, then get a draft pick. i think they get 2 drafts then it goes to picking from the jar. up until they turn 13 the teams stay together for 2 years then re draft. 13/14u redraft every year

Comment

Working...
                                X