X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good thing there is no deer there.

Comment

So I emailed Kathy

Looks like you may get to keep your current PP’s and you will still need BHE AND proficiency to hunt

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
        So I emailed Kathy

Looks like you may get to keep your current PP’s and you will still need BHE AND proficiency to hunt
        But our points will turn into loyalty points instead of preference points. So we only get a couple extra names in the hat vs. guaranteed tags for those with multiple years without drawing.

Who knows how many guys will win the draw, show up with no BHE and then take up a spot of a guy who would've drawn the hunt before, and leave an empty slot.

ughhhhhh.

Comment

Looks like we need to contact the supervisor in Albuquerque!

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
            Looks like we need to contact the supervisor in Albuquerque!

This^^^^^^, Washington DC and Trump JR is a bowhunter.

Comment

Get the ball rolling boys! Did you ask her if they will allow standbys for guys who don't show up or don't have the IBEP certification? If not I may send her a follow up email...

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                Get the ball rolling boys! Did you ask her if they will allow standbys for guys who don't show up or don't have the IBEP certification? If not I may send her a follow up email...
                I would say have alternated already drawn for those that don't show up or show up without IBEP cert. Otherwise, you'll have 700 people lined up outside.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the IBEP Cert lifetime? Take it once and that's it? I don't understand why some say they can't make time for it because you don't have to take it every year. Just once. It's not only for the H but some other states require it also if you ever plan on hunting out of state.

Comment

My first thoughts exactly, very justifiable and legitimate for there to be standbys available for that reason! Sure hope so!

Comment

Originally posted by tef View Post
                      It is so weird to me how things have changed over the years. When the Hag hunts started, and for many years thereafter, all you had to do was apply, pass efficiency test and you were in. ALWAYS had spots left over. It was a hidden gem for sure. The internet, social media got the word out and now we are where we are because of it lol. I miss those days. My buddy shot the #3 State record (archery) in the early 90's, after he passed on several good bucks, like 150-160 range!
                      I applied in 1985, with two friends. That year they drew 100 hunters names and had either 103 or 105 applicants that year. None of us got drawn, what are the odds?
                      They did limit the number of hunters back then, though most did get drawn.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
                        I would say have alternated already drawn for those that don't show up or show up without IBEP cert. Otherwise, you'll have 700 people lined up outside.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                        Yes thats correct, I forgot they do a second drawing now, that would be the smart way to do it. I show up standby for the richland creek gun hunt once and the # of standbys that showed blew my mind, I heard granger was bad too after Bones deer pics got out, haven't tried there in 2 years because of that...

Comment

Originally posted by justinj View Post
                          looks like we need to contact the supervisor in albuquerque!
                          i agree

Comment

I did not

I do know that each WMA decides if they will do standby positions, not all do

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                              Out of state applicants can apply now.
                              It’s not nearly as easy as it’s going to be on TPWD system. You are going to have thousands and thousands of applicants this year. Just wait...

Comment

Ill be honest.. After seeing the harvest success that has been happening the last 3-4 years and the number of Bucks I saw last year this doesn't break my heart. If this would have happened 5 years ago I would have been super bummed.. Now Eh?? Gives me an extra weekend every 2-3 years to chase bucks at my place in Childress or to go out of State.

Comment

Working...
                                X