Wayne LaPierre NRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by venado View Post
    And they have about as much influence on legislation as I do on the rotation of the earth. Note that since they are virtually unknown outside us gun guys you don't hear the CNNs railing against the GOA.

CNN has been screaming about GOA since the shooting in vegas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2 Amendment by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
        I've never had a genuine 'NEED' for due process.

I've never had a "NEED' for the right to free speech

I hope I never 'NEED' an AR, but if I do,....
        Your logic sounds like our founding fathers, if you look at the bill of rights closely it’s clear they were not concerned with savage marauders killing off everyone . They feared a tyrannical government, one that they knew could destroy the country from the inside . They had dealt with this first hand and did not want to see history repeat itself .

Comment

Anyone else wrestling with this.... I follow Jesus and in no way shape or form think that God gave us a right to bear arms. It seems that in many places Jesus told us to lay down the weapons of this world and fight differently. Fight out of a place of forgiveness and love- Jesus even says to one of his best friends that he who lives by the sword ultimately dies by it. I am not saying I understand anything that I am saying just that I am wrestling with this. Do I own guns- sure do....do I have a LTC- yep. So I will likely be as hypocritical as the next guy but I cant come to terms with God's call to love people, even my enemies, and standing on a place where he says the Bible gives us a right to carry arms. Struggling in Canadian- sorry yall

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
            Without picking a side (and if I had to pick I will pick the guns), but let me say that with 50 years on this earth, I have never once “needed” an AR. I don’t know what neighborhood you live in or what lifestyle you are rolling to make you believe you “need” an AR?
            I’m guessing you didn’t think last sentence through before posting, did you?

Comment

Originally posted by bear View Post
              Anyone else wrestling with this.... I follow Jesus and in no way shape or form think that God gave us a right to bear arms. It seems that in many places Jesus told us to lay down the weapons of this world and fight differently. Fight out of a place of forgiveness and love- Jesus even says to one of his best friends that he who lives by the sword ultimately dies by it. I am not saying I understand anything that I am saying just that I am wrestling with this. Do I own guns- sure do....do I have a LTC- yep. So I will likely be as hypocritical as the next guy but I cant come to terms with God's call to love people, even my enemies, and standing on a place where he says the Bible gives us a right to carry arms. Struggling in Canadian- sorry yall
              Well God us rocks too which, incidentally, was the first murder weapon.

Comment

Without picking a side (and if I had to pick I will pick the guns), but let me say that with 50 years on this earth, I have never once “needed” an AR. I don’t know what neighborhood you live in or what lifestyle you are rolling to make you believe you “need” an AR?
                My hands are sore today so.............................see post #62

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                  I’m guessing you didn’t think last sentence through before posting, did you?
                  Actually, what I was thinking about when I posted was the one time I was put in the position to defend my property I used a $300 870. And I was grateful I had the rights to own that gun and lived in a state which backed my rights to step out into the night and use it.

I took his comments about needing an AR literally. I am on your team man.

Comment

Tagged

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Actually, what I was thinking about when I posted was the one time I was put in the position to defend my property I used a $300 870. And I was grateful I had the rights to own that gun and lived in a state which backed my rights to step out into the night and use it.

I took his comments about needing an AR literally. I am on your team man.
                      Yeah, but you don't "need" an 870, but it's your "right" to have it. Same as an AR.

Comment

The very first "right" that I believe that I have from God is the freedom to make choices. God gave us the freedom to make the choice between Jesus as a savior and the consequences that followed if one did not believe. I believe that I have a right to life and, like you, have the right to defend myself and my family against those that make the wrong choice on that first question.

This might help.
                        What does the Bible say about self-defense? When is it right for a Christian to defend himself?

Comment

Maybe I am taking it out of context but did he in essence say at one point that our right to own and bear arms was from God???
                          The founders often used the word "creator" " providence" etc in place of God. Not all believed in God as you do. Many did. Regardless of who "God" is, he gave us our rights. They were endowed by him ( whether he is nature, mother earth, God of Abraham etc ) and no man, nor government has a right to infringe, restrict or take them away.

Comment

No one is ever going to take your guns away. And did you know you can be a liberal and also like guns? Mind blowing I know

Comment

Originally posted by SwampyMarsh View Post
                              No one is ever going to take your guns away. And did you know you can be a liberal and also like guns? Mind blowing I know
                              Watch out man, they are brutal in this thread!

Comment

[ATTACH]897948[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                                X