Harder your work, more you pay !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
    The appraisal guys took a beating here. They are not the problem the county and school comes up with a budget ( and they both waste a ton of money) and it is the chief appraiser job is to appraise the county property to meet their budget. You need to attend the school board meetings and the county commissioner meetings to express your concerns. I was on the appraisal review board and very few people understood how the taxes are set. Yeah they are too high and the school wastes will make you throw up. Our school feeds certain students breakfast, lunch, snack and a meal at the end of school for free and they throw a majority of it in the trash. Wonder why so many kids are so fat and out of shape.

And who owns the food/catering company that provides the food? Would you like to bet it’s someone on the school board? Or their wife? Or their adult child?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=Cajun shooter;13132655]So I’m supposed to be okay with the government wasting money because they to use my money to provide a service to me every once in a blue moon? (Edit) by the way the game wardens have done absolutely nothing to date.

You asked why people complain about the government wasting money. The answer is because it’s my money!

Bingo!!! Because they're wasting TAXPAYER DOLLARS!!

Comment

there was a big ol mess with the appraisal district here in Wilson county a few years ago, one woman on the board had a timber exemption on 5 acres I believe, I asked for one they said no because I didn't have enough acreage.I had a print out of several others in the Wilson county area with exemptions with less than 5 acres, all the board members were over 65 and their taxes were frozen so I asked the chairman how could this be a panel of my peers and be unbiased, he got very upset at my line of questioning .

Comment

I pay school taxes to four different districts that my kid doesn't attend -- and to be honest, our schools SUCK just about everywhere!

With what we paid in taxes this year, I figure we sponsored our own teacher, a cop and a firefighter -- so that makes me feel a little better about it.

Comment

The appraisers can only take measurements of the outside of the buildings unless you or the previous owner let them have access to your house. One of the appraisers said they sometimes get information of the interior of homes off social media. A friend of mine built a Barndo and had all the fancy wood work, beautiful tile and many expensive upgrades on Facebook and I'm thinking I don't think I would be doing that.

Comment

Challenged my property taxes last year...the comps provided me were so off the wall I thought I was on some kind of prank show. One of the comps was 700 sq/ft bigger than mine, hard wood floors, granite counters, all stone exterior, half acre lot...I was told that in no way does the CAD use square footage, lot size, home exterior, amenities within the home, or anything that actually goes into a home’s value to determine the home’s value. I got the appraisal board to knock off 10k, and then challenged it further and got an additional 10k reduction. All this after veiled threats to raise my taxes even more.

I’m in Williamson County, Cedad Park to be exact, and we just passed a new educator bond that will serve as a fait accompli go force more bonds on us over the next ten years. A neighbor also had my house as a comp the year before, and they had the price at 25k more than we paid.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                  26 year old Single male, no dependents, Uncle Sam LOVES me working. At least some of y'all old people will actually get Social security. . I'm paying into something that more than likely won't be around foe me to get anyways.
                  This is me at 47...had my best year ever and I get rewarded by 33% tax and $4700 in property taxes...It sucks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                    Someone has to pay all the welfare checks
                    Yep!

Comment

I think if you check into it the ISD's is what the driving force of the increase in property values in allot of the cases.

Comment

He funny thing is, income and such didn't used to be taxed. Majority of government income was tax on alcohol and tobacco. When the land went dry the governments pockets sure weren't going to be empty, so they added a tax on income and so on. Well now we have all of the above and the govenment is making record amounts of income, while citizen income growth rate pales in comparison.
                        I've said it before, government math only includes addition, they can't do subtraction.

On a side note, I'd be all for them legalizing marijuana and taxing the crap out of it and the licenses to grow etc if it was tied to getting rid of income tax and property tax. Doubt the two actions would ever happen hand in hand though.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                          I think if you check into it the ISD's is what the driving force of the increase in property values in allot of the cases.

Yes...that’s how all they fund all the bonds they pass. Love it when they say it won’t cost the tax payer a penny. You turn around and everyone’s appraisals go up. Do you think they think we are st-st-stupid? I also have a problem with the discrepancies in pay between admin and teachers. I’m not a teacher nor married to one but do have kids. I will be at the upcoming board meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
                            This is me at 47...had my best year ever and I get rewarded by 33% tax and $4700 in property taxes...It sucks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                            30 and in the same boat. The really sad part is my 'former' friends from Cali that think the rich need to pay their 'fair share'...... Hard to believe when we grew up together, they went to college and I went military and pay more in taxes than they made.

Calhoun County replaced their head appraiser a couple years ago because the few blocks around his property were paying half what the rest of the town were. Was given the option to leave or go to jail...should have jailed him.

Comment

Here is a bit of a problem. We all want low taxes or no taxes right? The Gov't collects the taxes to provide services. One of those services is education. You want your kids to become intelligent and be taught in a manner that will help them throughout their lives to become successful, useful, productive members of society. Unfortunately school taxes is how this is done.
                              I don't think most of us here mind paying some tax, but the money is so mismanaged and corruption is all over that it is almost impossible NOT to waste taxpayer funds. Federal and state mandates really cripple a school and town district.
                              What is needed is a new batch of elected officials who are not just waiting for their day in the sun to steal. We need real over haul of the tax system.

Keep in mind. This country was started over a 3% tax on Tea. Look where we are now

Comment

Y'all stop your belly aching...millions of free loaders are counting on you

Comment

Working...
                                X