Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harder your work, more you pay !

Taxes, taxes, taxes!!!!
    I'm disgusted, just paid my property taxes, I'm getting punished for working hard and having a nice place to live, haven't even started on my Federal taxes yet.

Sick of being punished for working!

I feel your pain.... wife went back to work last year, which bumped us into higher tax bracket. I have to pay now, instead of getting a return. Even though over 20% of our combined income is taken for federal income tax.

Comment

Texas' overall tax burden is relatively low... 34th out of 50... so you might be justified in complaining, but if you have a look at other states, we have it pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
        Texas' overall tax burden is relatively low... 34th out of 50... so you might be justified in complaining, but if you have a look at other states, we have it pretty good.
        A drowning man clutches at a styrofoam cup !

Our taxes could be half if the governments, local, state, and federal, didn't waste so **** much money on crap !

Comment

Harder your work, more you pay !

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post

Our taxes could be half if the governments, local, state, and federal, didn't waste so **** much money on crap !
          The difference is the cup might help the man where griping will never get you anywhere.

Comment

A year or two ago I compared my parents tax return to mine. My wife and I had twice as much income as my parents. We have two dependents (kids) we get to claim. We had about 4 times as many itemized deductions. And we still had to pay about 6 times more than my parents did in taxes. That's BS. I mean, I am definitely happy for my parents to not owe much tax, but it sure stinks for my wife and I to be punished for achievement.

Comment

As far as property goes, you don't own it, you rent it. And the more you improve it, the higher the rent. Just doesn't seem right.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                As far as property goes, you don't own it, you rent it. And the more you improve it, the higher the rent. Just doesn't seem right.
                It isn't right. Not to mention the people that pay property tax are the people that will never see the benefits of what it's used for. Nothing short of redistribution.

Comment

Taxes are terrible on the paycheck. I am in Medical Sales.....base plus commission. Some years I pay out another salary in taxes. Happy to have the money....no complaint there.....when I see what I pay out then I do get upset. I could pay for a year or two of college if my commissions were only taxed half of what they are now. It is insane!!!!! Yes....things could be worse but I work hard for what I have. Hate that the government takes so much of my paycheck.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                    Death by poonga!

Comment

This is why its called the success tax.

Comment

My kids are grown. I have no grandkids.
                        Why am I being punished by having to pay school taxes.
                        I've got my own retirement now why am I being punished by having to pay social security TAX.
                        I mean really

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post

Heard the city of Austin gives away money to just about anyone that walks in the door to ask for it. No oversight, no real requirements, no citizenship required.
                          They match funds from the feds for this program. Locals gov. suk just as bad as the feds and simply raise property taxes to cover it

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                            My kids are grown. I have no grandkids.
                            Why am I being punished by having to pay school taxes.
                            I've got my own retirement now why am I being punished by having to pay social security TAX.
                            I mean really
                            It's one of those "for the greater good" things. As Clay said, redistribution.

Comment

Someone has to pay all the welfare checks

Comment

Working...
                              X