No announcement yet.

Harder your work, more you pay !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our benevolent local governing entities decided that we've been living so good "we" could afford major school renovations, a new hospital, and several other big upgrades, now all of "we" that voted for that mess are feeling it in the hip pockets, even those of us in the "we" crowd that vigorously tried telling "we" what was coming. And people wonder why I'm so against the "we" mentality and system of doing things. Why is it so hard for people to understand a budget is put in place for a reason, not something you adjust according to credit capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
      Taxes, taxes, taxes!!!!
      I'm disgusted, just paid my property taxes, I'm getting punished for working hard and having a nice place to live, haven't even started on my Federal taxes yet.

Sick of being punished for working!
      This played a major factor when we choose to build our barndo. With the house and shop we had plans to build, taxes(and cost/value) would have been 2-3x what they are with the barndo.

Comment

I hate paying taxes but I count my blessings I don't live where there is also a high state income tax. I have a son who lives in Los Angeles - his income is not that high (2 years out of college) and pays 5.5% in state taxes. That place is ridiculous. He recently was looking at buying a used truck for about $25,000 until he saw that TTL was over $4,000! Same vehicle here would be less than $1,800

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          I hate paying taxes but I count my blessings I don't live where there is also a high state income tax. I have a son who lives in Los Angeles - his income is not that high (2 years out of college) and pays 5.5% in state taxes. That place is ridiculous. He recently was looking at buying a used truck for about $25,000 until he saw that TTL was over $4,000! Same vehicle here would be less than $1,800
          Yes. I bought an Excursion in Colorado. When I went to register it, it was over $1800 just for the tags. It is based on value of the vehicle. Obviously, it decreases every year.........until it becomes a classic, then it gets higher every year.

Comment

I live in Texas but work and get paid out of Louisiana. So I get the joy of paying state income tax.

Comment

My homes value has increased by 100k since 2011 when it was built, and I haven't done a single thing to it. Sounds awesome right, well it isn't. My mortgage recently went up $200/month to cover it due to taxes.

We are working hard to pay off our home, but even after we get it paid off the taxes & insurance will still be nearly 1k a month.

Comment

26 year old Single male, no dependents, Uncle Sam LOVES me working. At least some of y'all old people will actually get Social security. . I'm paying into something that more than likely won't be around foe me to get anyways.

Comment

I had it out with the appraisal district here in Wilson county some years back over the soaring appraisal in the middle of a recession with banks failing and all. one man on the board said well you bought a high end home , I said what about my neighbor across the street from our home his property his 1 acre homestead is valued at 1,500 per acre and mine is 36,000 .some smart arse guy said he also has a mobile home on his land, I say so is that bad he said yeah it brings your home value down, I said thanks please bring down my appraisal because he is bringing my value .another smart arse said well he's not in your subdivision I said I know but neither are some of the comps y'all are using and as far as I know we don't pay subdivion taxes do we? they called for the head appraiser who could offer no explanation. I finally said I sell you guys my house buy as much land as I can and put up a 14,000 single wide and beat the system after all the land exemptions, to which they had a dumbfounded look on their faces they lowered my appraisal rate to the previous years rate.

Comment

Yup, just wrote that 5K check yesterday for the house... geez.

Comment

Flat tax dreamer here!!!

Comment

It’s like renting for life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBlood View Post
                          My homes value has increased by 100k since 2011 when it was built, and I haven't done a single thing to it. Sounds awesome right, well it isn't. My mortgage recently went up $200/month to cover it due to taxes.

We are working hard to pay off our home, but even after we get it paid off the taxes & insurance will still be nearly 1k a month.
                          I think the worst part of property taxes is how you are treated by the people collecting/assessing it. A lot of them treat you like a crap and could care less if they make an error that costs you money. I handle property taxes at work and filed renditions in over 60 counties in 2017. I could tell some stories.

I should say that some of the people I deal with are fantastic and very helpful.

Comment

Paid our house off a couple years ago. Still have $2500 in Property taxes a year. Not bad for a house and acreage but still. We purchased 88 acres next door and luckily it's Ag Exempt. Taxes on it were only $150. I hate this time of year between throwing out hard earned money for property taxes combined, business state taxes paid and now income tax. Hoping to see a little return this year but doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                              As far as property goes, you don't own it, you rent it. And the more you improve it, the higher the rent. Just doesn't seem right.
                              This all started when we stopped tarring and feathering town officials who done wrong...But seriously...If people wanted to do something about it, in a concerted effort. Clean house with your local town officials come election time and install someone who has a plan to make the machine run less expensively.
                              OR Pay. That is the best success you can possibly hope for at the local level
                              There is one other way. Revolution. But that could take years, cost millions of dollars and thousands of lives.

Comment

My dad told me one time when I was cussing taxes be glad you make enough to pay them. He hated them too but he also went thru the Great Depression.
                                Last edited by doghouse; 01-25-2018, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X