Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much would you spend to save a pet’s life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We adopted a "mutt" in 1999 from the local pound. I wound up spending $2000 on that dog when she was a puppy. She wound up being one of the best dogs I ever owned, but I'll never spend that much again. On a pure bred, I might go as high as $1000 now, but it better be a heck of a dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
      Fact: you don't get to tell anyone what to do with their money -- get over it

Nope, but I can point out to them it’s a waste of money..... get over it :-)

Just think... $5,000 on a dog surgery. How much food would that have bought for a food bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

These threads are always interesting. I don't regret a single dime I've spent on my dogs. As long as I'm able to pay my bills, and I'm not sucking off of the governments tit, I'll spend my money however I see fit if that bothers you, then I'm not the one who needs help. You are

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post

Just think... $5,000 on a dog surgery. How much food would that have bought for a food bank.

Lol great logic. Thats like saying you spent 5000 on a vacation that only lasts a week. Which is the waste of money?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not a math expert, but I'm thinking....

About $5,000.00 dollars worth.

Comment

Depends on how old it is and how good it is. Mine are all hunting dogs. If it’s old and won’t be around much longer then I won’t waste the money. If it’s a good young dog I’ll spend as much as I think it would be worth if I was to sell it. It also depends what’s wrong with it. If it’s gonna affect the way it hunts then a puppy’s cheaper...

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                You can't tell someone what to spend their money on and you can't change their mind on the internet, but you can certainly opine as to whether they are making a wise choice.

I know a guy that spent $200k on purses trying to get his gold digger girlfriend to marry him. While I certainly couldn't tell him not to do it or change his mind about doing it, I absolutely believed and told him he was a fool for doing it.

The OP asked a question and is receiving opinions and feedback in response. Not hard to understand.
                I can have the court reporter read back the question, counselor....

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                  I'm not a math expert, but I'm thinking....

About $5,000.00 dollars worth.

That's funny right there

How many bums does it take to eat $5,000 worth of soup?

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                    I know a guy that spent $200k on purses trying to get his gold digger girlfriend to marry him.
                    I can absolutely, 100% guarantee you, and without question, state that it wasn't purses he spent $200K on.

Comment

How much money is spent on alcohol? That could buy a lot of food for the food bank. What about tobacco? Lots more food. What about people that drive $100,000 cars. Think of all the food we could buy with that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

How much would you spend to save a pet’s life?

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
                        How much money is spent on alcohol? That could buy a lot of food for the food bank. What about tobacco? Lots more food. What about people that drive $100,000 cars. Think of all the food we could buy with that!!

I don’t waste money on those things either... I think those are just as stupid to waste money on.
                        I’ll even throw in gambling, cus that’s like burning it.

You know, for all these people who say their opinion is none of my business, (Or anyone who disagrees) they sure are concerned with my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          I can absolutely, 100% guarantee you, and without question, state that it wasn't purses he spent $200K on.
                          Well, there were likely some pleasant physical responses to the gifting, but I actually saw the purses. Sadly, there's actually not a whole lot more to the story beyond "this dumb guy was whipped and spent $200k on purses".

They're still married though, which absolutely blows my original projection for how long it'd last out of the water.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                            know the difference between a human life that you created and a fu*ckin golden retriever that will puke on the floor then eat it.
                            This **** right here made me LOL.

Comment

I don’t waste money on those things either... I think those are just as stupid to waste money on.
                              I’ll even throw in gambling, cus that’s like burning it.

You know, for all these people who say their opinion is none of my business, (Or anyone who disagrees) they sure are concerned with my opinion.

Good thing I didn’t say that.

How much money do you give to the local food bank per year?

Comment

Years back, my answer would be ALOT less than it is now. I've gotten softer as I get older. Plus, I'm in a better financial situation then I was when I was younger. I'll say this, I've had two dogs come up with $5k surgeries/medical needs, and I just couldn't pay it. Especially since the odds of the procedures being successful was about 50% in each case according to the Vet. I wouldn't rule out ever paying that much, but for odds at the given time and my financial situation, there was no way I was doing it at the time.

I'd say probably no more than $3,000 depending on the circumstances of the situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X