BOB needs prayers ... Slayer is calling it quits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
    I saw far more shows at the Bronco bowl in the 80s than any other venue in DFW. It was the place to go to see new bands(some turned into super bands) and smaller less mainstream groups. Man I miss that place and that time.
    That whole bowling alley was cool! When I was a kid we would shoot our bows there, race slot cars, hammer the batting cage. They had it all! It was awesome! Started going to concerts there in the mid 70's.

Comment

if you can actually remember the years you went to the Texas Jam and you were judging the music, its possible you weren't doing it right I was too little to drink beer and I still managed not to remember much except their was almost zero law enforcement or if there was I cant remember.The Atomic Punk I Think

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
        It may be "all in good fun" but it sure seems like there are a lot of ignorant pricks on this thread. I'm not a Slayer fan by any means, but I get why BoB and others are into them, super talented and original. I'm assuming that if a thread about me and my passion for Grateful Dead music was posted I'd be dealing with the same idiots...if it's not for you, just move on.
        Grateful dead rocks

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
          Grateful dead rocks
          Worst music , ever...and thats in comparison to the likes of jethro tull....

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
            if you can actually remember the years you went to the Texas Jam and you were judging the music, its possible you weren't doing it right I was too little to drink beer and I still managed not to remember much except their was almost zero law enforcement or if there was I cant remember.The Atomic Punk I Think
            who said judgin... i said listening.... and i had a good time...a very good time ..i can assure you...and so can an attorney in 86...

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
              There's a difference between remembering going and actually remembering what happened while you were there.

Comment

I was at the Texas Jam in 82, I was 10 I had a bad *** stepdad. I remember my mom covering my eyes more than once ,lol.

Joan Jett
                Journey
                Sammy
                Santana and pointblank

One of the best days of my life I think.

Watched people set toilet paper rolls on fire and throw them from the seats to the field below.

first time I saw real boobs other than the poster in the Queen fat bottom girls album!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                  As far as venue size, the larger venue's such as the Cotton Bowl (Texas Jam) were fun to go to. But if you could manage tickets for a show at the Bronco Bowl you got an experience not just a show.
                  Seen Slayer a few times there.

Guys, a large venue is an arena or amphitheatre. Stadiums are a whole nuther level. 12-20,000 is a large venue. Reunion Arena and now AAC are large venues. Basketball arenas = large venue in music. Stadiums + stadiums.

I went to a few Texas Jams.

Comment

These two:

1985 (August 24) - Cotton Bowl in Dallas
                    Deep Purple (Perfect Strangers tour)
                    Scorpions
                    Night Ranger
                    Ted Nugent
                    Bon Jovi
                    Grim Reaper
                    Victory
                    1986 (July 19)
                    Van Halen
                    Dio
                    Loverboy
                    Krokus
                    Keel
                    Bachman–Turner Overdrive

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                      There's a difference between remembering going and actually remembering what happened while you were there.

Comment

Ah yes... 1978 Texxas Jam.

Dad dropped Farmdog and I off the night before and we "slept" outside the Cotton Bowl on the grass.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 10.22.02 AM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	24527459

I was 16 about to turn 17 and Farmdog was 15. Along with most people, we had never heard of Van Halen. Since we camped out, we were among the first several hundred in the stadium on the floor. At first people could sit on the field and claim a space but as the people kept coming it became a sea of humanity with no police presence and relentless heat.

Heart took the stage as the sun finally eased up and for the first time, we actually enjoyed ourselves. Ted and Aerosmith were on point but by the time they took the stage, we were pretty much zombies from dehydration and fatigue.

Comment

Areosmith
                          Journey
                          Van Halen
                          Heart
                          Ted Nugent
                          Eddie Money
                          Atlanta Rhythm Section
                          Head East
                          Walter Egan
                          Mahogany Rush

Blue Oyster Cult
                          Boston
                          Heart
                          Nazareth
                          Sammy Hagar
                          TKO
                          Van Halen

April Wine
                          Cheap Trick
                          Christopher Cross
                          Eagles
                          Foreigner
                          LeRoux
                          Point Blank
                          Sammy Hagar

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post

Dad dropped Farmdog and I off the night before and we "slept" outside the Cotton Bowl on the grass.

[ATTACH]893766[/ATTACH]

I was 16 about to turn 17 and Farmdog was 15. Along with most people, we had never heard of Van Halen. Since we camped out, we were among the first several hundred in the stadium on the floor. At first people could sit on the field and claim a space but as the people kept coming it became a sea of humanity with no police presence and relentless heat.

Heart took the stage as the sun finally eased up and for the first time, we actually enjoyed ourselves. Ted and Aerosmith were on point but by the time they took the stage, we were pretty much zombies from dehydration and fatigue.
                            Them hoses sucked! Kept putting out the smokes.

Comment

This guy again.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy2qUkLJA6Y"]slayer fan screams! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post

[ATTACH]893766[/ATTACH]

Epically baddass.

Van Halen rocks.

Comment

Working...
                                X