No announcement yet.

BOB needs prayers ... Slayer is calling it quits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love when people tell me Slayer and other metal bands are garbage, then they go to the local watering hole and listen to Johnny Two Chords sit on a stool, sing "country music" with a voice that sounds like hes stuck in a perpetual cycle of puberty and claim it was a "great show".

Comment

Been a fan since 85. Saw the Reign in Blood tour in 86.

No one would have guessed back then that they would have a farewell tour in 2018 in medium/large venues. Over 20 million records sold....all while never wavering from their hardcore style and evil lyrics with ZERO airplay. Heck Metallica just finished up a stadium tour. No one would have guessed that either.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
        I love when people tell me Slayer and other metal bands are garbage, then they go to the local watering hole and listen to Johnny Two Chords sit on a stool, sing "country music" with a voice that sounds like hes stuck in a perpetual cycle of puberty and claim it was a "great show".

Nailed it.

Comment

Well in their defense, metal does at times sound like somebody chunked an electric with a long chord down a never ending stairwell and the owner is ****** and screamin' while he chases it down that same well.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Well in their defense, metal does at times sound like somebody chunked an electric with a long chord down a never ending stairwell and the owner is ****** and screamin' while he chases it down that same well.
            Fair enough.

Comment

Well in their defense, metal does at times sound like somebody chunked an electric chainsaw with a long cord tied to 16 cats and a chicken down a never ending stairwell and the owner is ****** and screamin' while he chases it down that same well while dragging a giant box of cowbells.
              fify...

Comment

#KeeponrockinBoB

Comment

Still takes far more talent for 4-5 people to be tight while being so heavy than one dude whining about some country bumpkin ****. Hitting every time change and accent together as one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    I quit metal when the greatest metal band ever (PANTERA) called it quits.
                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I enjoy Pantera, but no way.

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    The end of PANTERA was an unfortunate event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    In the end it was drug abuse and getting tired of touring with each other. No different than most bands that break up.

Comment

I enjoy Pantera, but no way.

In the end it was drug abuse and getting tired of touring with each other. No different than most bands that break up.
                      dimebag Darrel got shot.....

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                        dimebag Dave got shot.....
                        Pantera had already broken up, he was touring with Damageplan when that happened.

Comment

Pantera had already broken up, he was touring with Damageplan when that happened.
                          stand corrected... but bands never break up...they just take extended breaks...unless someone overdoses .........or gets shot

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                            stand corrected... but bands never break up...they just take extended breaks...unless someone overdoses .........or gets shot
                            From my understanding, it was a pretty heavy falling out. Phil had taken an extreme liking to heroin and sometimes couldn't even perform. Damageplan was set to be be Dimebag and Vinnie's band going forward. No Phil and Dimebag together. No Pantera.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                              Looks like we will be about 20 strong in the pit for the Dallas show. Anyone has a problem, show up....we'll solve it.
                              Nobody wants to be assaulted with a flash of icy hot to the eyes - This must be a hip surgeon's dream tour.

Have fun BoB.

Comment

From my understanding, it was a pretty heavy falling out. Phil had taken an extreme liking to heroin and sometimes couldn't even perform. Damageplan was set to be be Dimebag and Vinnie's band going forward. No Phil and Dimebag together. No Pantera.
                                ....until the money runs out...and a reconcilation is needed to pay some bills...reunion tours sell BIG........ unless someone overdoses......................................... .......................or gets shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X