Smoking 6.5 Creedmoor Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SouthTX1911 View Post
    Figured I’d post pics of mine. Thanks for the heads up! I put my Nikon 4-12 on it soon as it got home. I have plenty of other guns to put the Banner on. I’ll be running some rounds through tomorrow. I’ll try to let y’all know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same as mine, last one they had!

Comment

humble still had 2 or 3 when was there they also had the camo one posted above. I bought the stealth. if it is anything like the rpr I will be stoked

Comment

Three shot group this morning after sight-in. I think it’s a keeper. Holding on the 8. Hornady Black 147 BTHP

Comment

Went back this morning with the wife to get a few more gifts ($400 later lol)and got this target. It was $99(25% off)$74.99 and it has a $20 rebate. Will end up being $54.99.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
            From the looks of the stock, you can take the mag plate off and maybe use a 10 round mag. Stock has plate screws on it.

Stock is solid. It would need to be cut to accept a mag.

Comment

I picked up an 11VT in 22-250. They did qualify for a $100 rebate. I actually gave them the product upc and they verified that it was eligible.
              Here is the link.

promotions.vistaoutdoor.com

Comment

I was lucky enough to have my girl go get one for me since I’m overseas. She reserved it and when she got there, two guys were waiting around to see if someone was coming for the gun. Luckily it was the last 6.5 they had so I plan on putting it in a Bell and Carlson stock, make it magazine feed, true it and dedicate either my Sandman TI or AAC can to it. Thanks for the heads up amigo.

Comment

I pick one up on Friday and got of crossfire II 6-18x44 scope. As soon as I saw this post on Friday I went straight to the store.

Comment

Dang this thread!!!!!

I went back for giggles

And they had a stinking lever action 17hmr... it was there last one so I haggled a bit more and walking out paying 357$ for it and tagged at 499.99

Cheapest I could find it online with a quick search was about 450$ to my door

Also bought their last Nikon 3-9x50 for 141$. Regular pro staff not the cheap buckmaster

Edit: strike that on the scope.
                    Looks like there was a miscommunication on their end and I walked out paying 110$ on the scope lol
                    Last edited by 150class; 12-17-2017, 12:17 PM.

Comment

I don't even see a Savage 10 on the website for stores around DFW.

Comment

Went to my local one in Alamo Ranch (San Antonio) today. They had one left - and someone had it on hold, and would be there at 3pm. It was 3pm, and sure enough, there he was - grinning from ear to ear as he bought the last one. He bought two others at the same time - other cartridges / models - but all Savage's.

So I was about to leave when the manager at the front door asked if I had found everything ok. I told him about the last Savage 6.5 and he said he could order me one, and honor the price. So he and I returned to the gun counter.

After standing around for quite some time, it was my turn. As he searched online for it, he couldn't find one - even with the UPC code he scanned off the one he had just sold to that other guy. Said sorry, there was nothing he could do.

I was tempted to buy the same model in .308, but I don't really want that - I already have three .308's - one bolt, one LR-308, and one Encore pistol. So I passed.

All I wanted for Christmas...

Guess I wasn't meant to own one. Back to looking for a .260.

All the best,
                        Glenn
                        Last edited by cajuntec; 12-17-2017, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Oh... I forgot to add - Are you all sure that model has a rebate?

I looked online, and found a rebate, but this model that was posted (the 10SBA) isn't one of the ones listed. I asked him if it was the "10 Predator Hunter" or the "10FCP", and he said it wasn't the same. Those are the only two model 10's on that form.

All the best,
                          Glenn

Comment

Yes it rebate available. Any model that is rebate available prints out automatically with your receipt.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                              Yes it rebate available. Any model that is rebate available prints out automatically with your receipt.
                              Good deal. Glad you and others were able to get one.

I guess it's a mute point for me right now - They said the nearest store with one was in Corpus Christi. I asked about transfers, and he said he couldn't do that, but I could drive to CC. Too far for that discount. I'd spend that in gas.

All the best,
                              Glenn

Comment

I went to the Field and Stream at Baybrook and they had 7 Savage 10 SBA's in the boxes and that was Friday evening. I went back Saturday after the wife gave me the OK to buy it for my Christmas gift. As I was standing there waiting for help a Remington 700 ADL Tactical in FDE caught my eye that was on sale. It was chambered in 6.5 creedmoor with a threaded 24" barrel. Sale price tag hanging was 459.99 and I had a few questions pertaining to twist rate and what not. So there I'm still waiting to get helped and a man and his wife who are currently being helped come up next to me looking at a few rifles. As they start asking questions of the "gun counter guy" he couldn't answer any of them for them. So I speak up and say I'm sorry if I'm stepping on your toes but I can answer any questions ya'll have. So after 15 to 20 minutes of answering questions and showing them the features on the rifles and scopes and just explaining stuff to them they choose the one they are going to buy. So FINALLY someone comes to help me. IT'S was MY turn at the gun counter.

As I stand there looking at the Remington, the lady comes over to me and hands me a piece of paper. When I open it it's a 50 dollar off 300 or more for Dicks sporting good. I told her I couldn't take it that she needed to use it for her purchase. She said she and her husband each got one and she wanted me to have hers because of how helpful I was. That I didn't have to take the time to answer their questions or show them what I did but I did and she wanted to thank me.

SO long story short I walked out of ****'s with a Remington 700 ADL Tactical chambered in 6.5 creedmoor with a 24" threaded barrel and FDE stock for $319.33 after taxes.

KNOWING I'm gonna be changing the stock out it doesn't matter to me it's an ADL. Looking the gun over it appears it is a SPS Varmint in an ADL stock. I have personal preference to Remington's over Savages as it is so I was extremely happy.

Andrew

Comment

Working...
                                X