How do you guys do it???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 76aggie View Post
    Stay clean. Always keep the wind in your favor. I know that is cliché but it is true. Have at least two stands to cover every area you hunt. Or if you just have one stand in a particular area, do not hunt that stand when the wind is not in your favor. I am not a big believer in spraying down but try to stay as clean as you can. I shower before each and every hunt. When I come in from a hunt, I hang my clothes outside.
    X2 on all of this plus...brush my teeth every hunt with Baking Soda.
    It is my belief stinky breathe will get you as well !

Comment

I’ve always had good luck with Scent Killer, and usually a lot of it. I swear a lot though so chances are it doesn’t really do me much good.

Comment

Amazing one ozone generator runs on any 12 volt battery
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
          Bathing in deer urine is the only way to go.
          or your wife's

Comment

I was having the same issue, heard great things about Evercalm that mimics the scent of their bedding areas. Went to academy and bought a knock off brand, rubbed it all over me and around the stand. Seemed to work as a great cover I had deer coming in all weekend. Still did the usual detergent and spray down before.

Comment

Set up with your back to an open field, or a lake, or some other obstacle that makes it difficult for the deer to get behind you. Then only hunt it when the wind is right. If you just walk out into the middle of the woods and throw out corn, the older deer are going to circle you and catch your wind.

Comment

If you hunt in cedar country, break off some branches on your way to the stand. Once there, rub all your clothes down including your shoes, hat, facemask, gloves, backpack. If you can do the rub down in camp, all the better. Cedar is free and very aromatic as well as a natural odor in the deer woods.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                  Set up with your back to an open field, or a lake, or some other obstacle that makes it difficult for the deer to get behind you. Then only hunt it when the wind is right. If you just walk out into the middle of the woods and throw out corn, the older deer are going to circle you and catch your wind.
                  Really good advice.

Comment

No more scent control sprays that dont work for me. I finally bought an Ozonics and could not be happier with the results. Here is my sons video from last week. Wind blowing directly at the deer and keeps coming. Same good results this weekend also.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

You just aren’t training your deer good enough lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stykbow View Post
                        Totally agree Stykbow. I was wondering when someone was going to post this. Your breath will give you away as well, especially if you are using the same facemask for a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Stykbow View Post
                          Are you talking about Arm & Hammer in the yellow box? That has to be nasty!!!

Comment

Always amazed at guys I hunt with who know where they are hunting before they have any idea what the wind is doing and to top it off they get to lease and go fill their half full feeders 2 hours before they hunt it .

Comment

You really don't need all that commercial stuff, cows in area stick a stick in a patty or step in it and walk to stand, cedars, rub some on clothes, use natural vegetation for area. Heck I shower most mornings with regular soap, use charcoal on face, have deer consistently within 20 yards and under. Good luck

Comment

With a swirling south wind we had before the front, i had 5 does 360 degrees all around my stand. Huntnig from a 10 ft tripod tucked into an oak tree. Have some cover, but still visible.

All i do is shower with Hunter Specialties scent free soap, and spreay down with whtever scent spray was on sale. Most of the time is the Scent Killer like posted above. This week has been the Primos Silver stuff. I forget the name. Its in a green bottle. I spray down before walking in then spray again when i sit down in case i sweat some. Oh, and scentless deodorant. I have not had any trouble with scent so far this year. Some of my family think i go way overboard with it but, but i dont think so.

Comment

Working...
                                X