No announcement yet.

How do you guys do it???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wash my hunting clothes with scent free laundry soap and use Autumn scented dryer sheets. Then i put my hunting clothes in a Ziplock weatherproof tote with an earth scent waffer. Works pretty good for me. I hunt public land and out of brush blinds from the ground so its paramount that i dont smell like anything but dirt or juniper tree. A leafy suit helps also.

Comment

If your not in a blind they're seeing you move, if your in a blind they're watching you go in or swinging way downwind to scent check. Had one lease after that first arrow was released that spot was done for about a month, the deer had a path beat out about 200 yds from the feeder all the way around, no brand or amount of scent killer helped. Temporary brush blinds along that outer trail were good for a couple of extra shot opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
        Are you talking about Arm & Hammer in the yellow box? That has to be nasty!!!
        yes sir...but you can also find the toothpaste with arm & hammer, which I use a lot.

Comment

I use Vanilla mixed with water in a spray bottle. spray down my jeans and tshirt and bag. I put on my leafy ASAT camo, spray again, and get to walking down the road. I use evercalm on my shoes, then on the tree and sit. They are usually all under me eating the hand corn, feeder is 40yds away. My deer must be stupid, because we eat burritos up there, drink beer, pee off the stand, etc. They dont care, as long as there is corn, they just eat.

Comment

Fill all of your pockets with corn and make "feeder noises" every 10 minutes!

Comment

I drink a bottle of doe estrous before walking in and then pee on myself once in the stand.

Comment

Dunno bud. I've smoked a cigarette literally 10 feet from deer just playing the wind right and they never knew the difference.. my guide in Africa smoked like a chimney the entire trip. Said it was the only way he was always sure of the wind.. I use scent killer sometimes maybe. I've killed a good buck and a few hogs this season. May be the spot your hunting? Have you seen a little wooden statue by your stand? It may be giving you bad juju lol

Comment

Sounds like your spot may be burned, a climber is a good way to stay flexible with the wind and keep them guessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                    Are you hunting good winds? What kind of set up are you hunting?
                    This...My TBH DEDICATED bow hunter Son always checks the wind before the morning or evening hunt. I have resisted suggesting he buys more blinds to take advantage of ANY wind direction..but so far, no go.

As for me...I only rifle hunt these days in my old age, so I sit in my 100+ yard insulated blind, smoke, drink coffee and listen to some good ole' classic Rock & Roll and wait for that big Wall Hanger to make a mistake? Funny...I enjoy just seeing all the critters that always show up. Not "mad" at 'em anymore so taking my time.....Good luck and git r done brother!

Comment

wash clothes only using scent free soap. Play the wind and I also use a scentblaster in the stand for cover scent. Use a cover scent that is natural to the woods you hunt in or Ever Calm. Redhat scents has a scent called "lights out" that is way cheaper and smells just like EC. it works

Comment

I bought the ScentLok Activator 29.95 works great in a blind or just over your head on a limb. Used it at First Point last year got busted first two sits because I forgot to bring batteries got some in town sat the same place made a world of difference.

Comment

Go to eBay type milkweed wind checkers. They are just fluffy milkweed seeds that work great to check wind. You can see them drift away letting you know where your scent is actually going. Give them a try

Comment

Originally posted by Towboater View Post
                            Go to eBay type milkweed wind checkers. They are just fluffy milkweed seeds that work great to check wind. You can see them drift away letting you know where your scent is actually going. Give them a try
                            Ill sell you some see the breeze

Comment

Is there any trick to smoking your cloths? Just stand in front of the camp fire?

Comment

Wind is the most important factor in bow hunting

Comment

Working...
                                X