Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Why can women not figure out what they want to eat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
    Smart man!

This is one upside to being single... I go eat anywhere or cook where ever I want. I'm cheap and don't like fast food so I do a lot of cooking at home, but it's still nice not having to ask any question!!
    My wife rolled out in March but reading some of these posts is making me have flashbacks! I know its bad, but like you said above, it sure is nice to not have to ask or deal with the bull. Im liking the single life ( I still have kids here with me so Im not totally free ) a little too much.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      What the hell is that about anyhow? How can I know there is a problem and not try to fix it? Why would I sit and listen to a problem and not immediately be thinking of a solution? Women, as a group, are crazier than a bunch of penned up raccoons and I just don't understand them and likely never will.

Exactly!!!! If you don't want it fixed don't bother telling us about the problem

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
        Because back in the caveman days she ate what you killed there were no choices. Now with all the different places to eat it kind of confuses them. :-)
        I like this one!

Comment

Originally posted by KLWoodall View Post
          They only want you guys to listen, not fix the problem.
          And on the plus side, talking about what to eat is not as near fattening as actually eating it.

Does not compute...

Don't bring me problems if you don't want solutions...however hair brained or moronic. I solve problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

After 39 years (this December) we still do this dance. Tonight I made her decide.

Comment

We go thru this about 5 days a week. This was earlier today... I asked her what she wanted me to cook for dinner since I was going to grill....she said she didn't care. This is how our text went when I left grocery store.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                Hahaha!! You're not married, are ya?!!? It made me laugh thinking about how my wife would hang onto that, waiting for the most opportune time to rehash my statements!

Married for 12 years. I got that straightened out early on

Comment

Because they want you to make the decision so you can be wrong

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

When my wife asks what I want for supper my standard answer is "Fried shrimp and oysters". If she says she doesn't want that then I say whatever you want to fix is fine then.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                      You're doing it wrong.

Him: hey babe, what do you want to eat?
                      Her: I don't care. Whatever is fine.
                      Him: ok cool [then orders from or drives to whatever he wants]
                      Her: I don't want/like this
                      Him: you said you didn't care, so I made a decision. There's peanut butter and jelly in the pantry if you want something else. Might be a pack of ramen left if you dig around a bit.

She will make a decision from there on out.

Option B:

Him: I'm going to Whataburger. Want anything?

I'm married, and have used both of those and something similar. One time I literally turned the car around after 30 minutes of the back and forth game, and made everyone eat what ever was at the house. It is interesting how fast a decision gets made now, and I have never had to turn around again.

Comment

I have tried the making the decision thing, but the push back annoys the living ish out of me after I have been told I dont care.

So I started just driving there, and now instead of I dont care, I get "Name some things and I'll tell you if I'm in the mood for that."

The war is never won.

Comment

Originally posted by TallTexan View Post
                          I'm married, and have used both of those and something similar. One time I literally turned the car around after 30 minutes of the back and forth game, and made everyone eat what ever was at the house. It is interesting how fast a decision gets made now, and I have never had to turn around again.
                          I did this once after making two laps from 242 to Rayford. Drove past 100 places to eat and my wife and daughter wouldn't pick one or agree to anything I picked. As soon as I turned toward the neighborhood they both looked at me like I ran the dog over. I said we can either eat something at home or y'all can go pick something up but I'm going to the house and staying there.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                            Married for 12 years. I got that straightened out early on
                            I'm calling BS on this comment ...

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                              She's started to voice her opinion a little more and I even put an app on my phone call the "Chooser". We have 3 or 4 favorites in there, we'll add some new ones and then spin the wheel and go to whatever it selects. Takes the back and forth out of it.
                              Tried the app for the first time last night, put dang near every restaurant within 5 mins of our house.
                              Her final answer - "none of that sounds good, lets cook something"
                              Me: "okay, what are you hungry for?"
                              Her: "I don't care, anything"

Comment

Originally posted by KLWoodall View Post
                                They only want you guys to listen, not fix the problem.
                                And on the plus side, talking about what to eat is not as near fattening as actually eating it.
                                Until it takes them 2 hours to decide! At that point they're starving lunatics and over eat.

Comment

Working...
                                X