Ever been electrocuted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    I work on critical systems projects all the time. Energized work is the absolute last option. And when we do it, it's by highly qualified workers using all of the proper PPE.

Anything over 40 calories of arc flash energy we won't touch. They can hire someone else to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    You do what you gotta do to keep a plant running.

Comment

Melted my A&M Senior ring to my hand when I accidentally brushed up against an exposed 220 outlet that was supposed to be off. The breaker blew and threw my hand out. I couldn't get the melted gold off my finger fast enough. My whole arm hurt for a few days, but it was minor compared to the burn spot.
      Last edited by Dusty Britches; 09-15-2017, 10:23 AM.

Comment

pm sent
        you need to get checked by a doc immediately!

Comment

Touched the metal clip on a spark plug tester while it was on when I was a kid. It hurt like hell and I felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest for a good time after.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
            If you were electrocuted you wouldn't be alive to tell the story, your loved ones might though.
            Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
            It's impossible to be electrocuted and live to tell about it...

Well would you just look at thaaat!!
            See post #35 brothers.
            I was electrocuted, stopped breathing and my grandfather resuscitated me.
            Not impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Filletem View Post
              As an electrician for the past 25 years I have been shocked to many times to count. I have never been electrocuted.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Filletem View Post
                As an electrician for the past 25 years I have been shocked to many times to count. I have never been electrocuted.
                This^^^ electrocution means you are dead

Comment

Last night I shut the power off to all 15amp breakers to do some work, decided to push this back in his hole and he didn't like it one bit. He spit fire at me but fortunately, i didn't get any current through my body. he wasn't amused, but the 15's sure look surprised

turns out after 40 hours of working non-stop, not sleeping, electrical work is no longer on the recommended 'to do' list.

240v, 30 amp (receptacle says 250v)

Last edited by topshot; 09-15-2017, 10:25 AM.

Comment

I got my arm stuck between 2 lines of copper wire and got hit with 480 working out of a scissor lift (thank God) while doing a PM on a hot overhead crane in my early 20's. We normally did PM's off of ladders, but luckily they had the scissor lift available that day. Knocked me unconscious to the floor of the lift. That was about the time I decided to try my luck in a different profession....

Comment

Been there done that. I don't like it!! worst is 277V. it leaves a burnt hole...

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
                        See post #35 brothers.

I was electrocuted, stopped breathing and my grandfather resuscitated me.

Not impossible.

Sure bud. Go ahead and rewrite the dictionary.

Definition of resuscitate

: to bring (someone who is unconscious, not breathing, or close to death) back to a conscious or active state again

Sorry, but you weren't electrocuted.
                        Last edited by SKLOSS; 09-15-2017, 10:47 AM.

Comment

One dark night I was coon hunting and came to a 5 strand fence. Decided it would be a good place to relieve my bladder before climbing over. Didn't see the hot wire added on the other side about 2 strands high off the ground. You ever heard a panther scream? Didn't help none that I was holding onto the T-post with one hand.

Comment

Shocked yes.

120 many times, 277 once and tased 5 or 6 times

Comment

Very touchy subject for me. I've actually been working along side someone working in a bucket truck and long story short he came into contact with a primary. I would not even try to describe on here what I witnessed and went through that day my buddy lost his life. He will always be missed by his friends and family.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                Shocked yes.

120 many times, 277 once and tased 5 or 6 times
                                LEO? Outlaw? Or just a glutton for punishment?

Comment

Working...
                                X