Ever been electrocuted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever been electrocuted?

It was no fun! 220 got me today. Arm went numb to my shoulder for a bit and now it just hurts.

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
    It was no fun! 220 got me today. Arm went numb to my shoulder for a bit and now it just hurts.

I have, many times actually. I did get zapped with 220 across both my hands years ago. I really thought I wasn't going to be able to let go and it was going to kill me, as it was going right across my heart. I managed to get my foot in front of me and kick myself lose. I actually cut my hands because I had such a strong grip from the electrocution. It took me hours to calm my nerves down and then I felt weak as heck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
      I have, many times actually. I did get zapped with 220 across both my hands years ago. I really thought I wasn't going to be able to let go and it was going to kill me, as it was going right across my heart. I managed to get my foot in front of me and kick myself lose. I actually cut my hands because I had such a strong grip from the electrocution. It took me hours to calm my nerves down and then I felt weak as heck.

I think after today I'm going to stick to what I know and not mess with the stuff anymore.

Comment

That's how I felt when I put a machete to a hot fence in highschool. Lol

Comment

Electricity moves too fast, bites to hard and you can't see it coming! Got me years ago once and I never messed with it again since! The numbness and soreness I will never forget! Glad you are ok!

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
            I think after today I'm going to stick to what I know and not mess with the stuff anymore.

Or just be super careful and take all precaution. It was my business and it happened to me anyway. I just became even more cautious after that. I've only had little harmless zaps since then.

Comment

Got knocked unconscious one time. Had a hot wire touch my neck that I didn't know was there. Didn't feel any pain though. Just remember waking up flat on the ground lol

Comment

Yep, plugged myself into an outlet when I was a kid.

Comment

Got my self with 220 a few weeks messing with my water well. It sucked for sure

Comment

Customer says I've switched the breaker off. Most learn the first time I'm a little slow and tend to believe people it took me twice. I don't care who you are I'm checking from now on. One guy took the fuses out but forgot or didn't know that pennies had been put in place of fuses.

Comment

Yep. Got hit with 277 when I was 19 working on at a chicken plant. Was working behind another company on a 3 phase 440 panel and hit a strand of wire that was still hot. Knocked me out and sent flat on my back. Actually stopped my breathing for a few seconds. Guy I was working hollered at me then kicked me on the shoulder when I didn't get up. He said I took a big gasp of air about 10seconds later and sat up. I remember being black and blue down my entire left side from my armpit to my waist. Had my necklace burned around my knock with the cross on my chest. So I don't wear jewelry nowadays if you can understand why. My belt buckle was even burned on partially on my stomach. Hurt like helll for a couple days after but never quit working. I'm not scared of electricity by any means but I respect the fork out it now.
                      A hot capacitor hurts just a bad. As me how I know. Lol

Comment

220 when I was a kid. Had just rained outside and I didn't know better. Wondered why my dad had a big cord unplugged so thought I would help him out. I was standing in a puddle of water at the time as well. Loud pop, fell to the ground and remember hearing my parents screaming. Electricity went out and my hand was black. Pretty scary moment!

Comment

Yes makes you feel all tingly inside and out lol just thank the lord we are all still here to talk about it !!

Comment

120 a few times and a handful of tasers. Riding the lightening sucks. Hire an electrician.

Comment

One leg on a 460 three phase. In on the wrist, out the elbow. Burned a spot about the size of a 50 cent piece exiting, dime sized at point of contact. I smelled like a burned hot dog for a couple of days. All I could taste was copper. And I felt like Mike Tyson had been to work on all the muscle groups. Not my idea of a good time. Hot wire came out of the lug in the panel and went to the UN-GROUNDED panel. I leaned on the panel and my elbow hit the metal conduit. BOOM. The conduit had non metallic flex at the panel connections.

Comment

Working...
                              X