Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
    Your buddy is gullible.
    He could be but I know some people it doesn't bother to grab an electric fence and even that is impressive. I wasn't there to see the guy test that stuff but my buddy swears he did it. Either way I ain't even grabbing no electric fence on purpose. I don't have the ability to not almost wet my pants and lose control of my bowels simultaneously when I get shocked.

Comment

A lady who worked for a buddy was hot air ballon riding got blown into a high line , her husband threw her out of it she fell over 100 feet and lost a leg
      The husband got stuck on the line and burned up enough to not have enough left to bury him, now that is electrocuted

Comment

Love these stories and the absolute non understanding of electricity

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
          Dear Lord, that was a horrible death.

Question 1- why didn't the other knuckleheads get something that is an insulator to try to push it away? Instead of driving away in a minivan?

Question 2- that did not seem like a dumb surveillance camera. Somebody zoomed in?

Question 3- why do some folks say the Klein non contact testers are junk, others like I use them and there's nothing I found on the web about them failing and leading to shocks/ electrocution?

Be safe- your family needs you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've called those things little liars for years.
          I have on several occasions trusted one when I shouldn't have. Never again.
          I doubt it's coincidence that most electricians won't trust them either.
          Use a wiggy or a real meter.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
            We've called those things little liars for years.
            I have on several occasions trusted one when I shouldn't have. Never again.
            I doubt it's coincidence that most electricians won't trust them either.
            Use a wiggy or a real meter.

This. Been an electrician for twenty years now and have seen my guys use them and they fail. Had my share of riding the lightning.

Comment

Glad your okay Ryan, that stuff ain't no fun at all. Been hit a time or 2 over the years and I use a volt meter and insulated tools now just to be sure when messing with the stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                Simply put in the electrical field/trade getting electrocuted means "death by an electrical source".

Here is an electrocution. It is graphic, watch at your discretion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYCU7Vc97ws
                Holy crap!! Wished I hadn't watched that one...

Comment

Been bit by 120VAC a couple of times. Been bit by a fence charger when I was a kid. Uncle raised German Shepherds and I laid my arms on top of fence.

I use to work commercial plumbing and as a helper I worked for a small outfit for a while. Installing a add-on fire sprinkler over a new 1 million pound press at Glitch steel down on the south side. Pulled fuses on overhead crane as we were stepping over the 480V exposed trolley car style electrical. Was draining the system and the valve on engineering drawings was wrong. Carl (lead) got down to find the engineer and I stayed up. Had to take a dump so I got down. Was washing my hands when a steel worker came in and asked if I was with the plumbers and I said yup. He said one of our guys fell. I rushed out there and Carl was laying on top of a metal table and a welder. Up in the rafters it was real dirty as all they did was weld, cut, grind, etc... A paramedic and a worker were performing CPR till EMS arrived. After 20 minutes or so they left to go to Parkland. I rushed from far south Dallas to far north Dallas to get Carl's wife. By the time we got to the hospital Carl was dead. Come to find out after I got down a worker came in and saw the fuses out so he replaced them. Carl was "electrocuted" climbing back over the hot wires.

Carl's wife won a huge lawsuit against Glitch Steel...

Carl was still dead though...

Comment

Working...
                  X