Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Well its started Gas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aggie View Post
    I am sorry for your inconvenience. Just remember that there are thousands of people out that would gladly pay that price if they still had a vehicle to put it in or a house to drive to. Paying extra at the pump is not even a consideration at this point. Count your blessings. But I do wish you luck. Blast me all you want.
    Amen^^^^

Comment

So take this lesson to heart. Just like I was filling my vehicles and limiting our driving, filling up gas cans for the generator in preparation for flooding plus a direct hit down here 2 days prior to it being major news... ya'll should have been doing the same up there as you watched it unfold. Growing up in Central Texas, I always learned that when a major storm hits the Texas coast, especially Houston, it is time to top off and fill up a few cans. Known that since before I drove a car.

Similar things have happened with other storms in the past and will happen again in the future... shortages tend to slowly spread out from the center of the hit.

Comment

One of my friends is fuel delivery driver for Love's truck stops. He shot me a Snapchat this morning showing delivery trucks lined up to get loaded. Told me that there will be some places that might not get fuel for a little while.

What drives this "shortage" is the news & social media inciting panic in the populous. Granted there was an interruption in the supply chain due to Harvey but it will be temporary.

Comment

Originally posted by KenHays View Post
          One of my friends is fuel delivery driver for Love's truck stops. He shot me a Snapchat this morning showing delivery trucks lined up to get loaded. Told me that there will be some places that might not get fuel for a little while.

What drives this "shortage" is the news & social media inciting panic in the populous. Granted there was an interruption in the supply chain due to Harvey but it will be temporary.

Bingo.

We aren't going to run out of gas. It's a temporary supply hiccup but folks think they have to fill up every can they own. That gas will end up going bad in half of those cans this winter.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
            So take this lesson to heart. Just like I was filling my vehicles and limiting our driving, filling up gas cans for the generator in preparation for flooding plus a direct hit down here 2 days prior to it being major news... ya'll should have been doing the same up there as you watched it unfold. Growing up in Central Texas, I always learned that when a major storm hits the Texas coast, especially Houston, it is time to top off and fill up a few cans. Known that since before I drove a car.

Similar things have happened with other storms in the past and will happen again in the future... shortages tend to slowly spread out from the center of the hit.
            What lesson don't panic?

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie View Post
              I am sorry for your inconvenience. Just remember that there are thousands of people out that would gladly pay that price if they still had a vehicle to put it in or a house to drive to. Paying extra at the pump is not even a consideration at this point. Count your blessings. But I do wish you luck. Blast me all you want.
              I don't see anyone getting too bent out of shape over the gas shortage and I don't see the OP or other posters trying to minimalize what has happened along the coast.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                What lesson don't panic?
                Ha!

Know that other folks will panic. It is inevitable. Be prepared. Don't wait till the last minute to remember what it was like the last time.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I don't think we will run out of gas, but I definitely can see there will be a shortage. Only makes sense since everything on the coast is shut down. And it only makes sense to be smart and get a full tank know. You can call it what you want. And I also think it's S##ty to jack up prices in this situation. Thought there was sort of Law against that.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                    Ha!

Know that other folks will panic. It is inevitable. Be prepared. Don't wait till the last minute to remember what it was like the last time.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
                    Thats the good thing about driving a diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      I'm sure the Facebook warriors are driving some panic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      This!!!! Social media panic has set in.

Comment

Panic has definitely set in here in Frisco. I drove past 7 stations that were bone dry and 3 that had 8-12 car lines.

Also what is wrong with POS people cutting lines and being selfish in times of shortage? Saw three idiots standing at a pump letting their friends / family cut. They filled up three cars and multiple gas cans. I had a 25 min wait and there were 8 people behind me! SMH

Comment

The gas grabbers are reall screwing up traffic...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            The supply trucks aren't getting to the stations at their normal rate?
                            That. And, just about every gulf coast refinery is down or operating at a reduced rate. And, most pipelines are also. We can't even get to the valves to open the tanks to the pipelines. All under water.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                              That. And, just about every gulf coast refinery is down or operating at a reduced rate. And, most pipelines are also. We can't even get to the valves to open the tanks to the pipelines. All under water.
                              HOw long do they think valves will be under water?

Comment

Originally posted by CJ776 View Post
                                Panic has definitely set in here in Frisco. I drove past 7 stations that were bone dry and 3 that had 8-12 car lines.

Also what is wrong with POS people cutting lines and being selfish in times of shortage? Saw three idiots standing at a pump letting their friends / family cut. They filled up three cars and multiple gas cans. I had a 25 min wait and there were 8 people behind me! SMH

Surprised nobody set them straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X