X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    All approved containers!!

Full blown stupid.
    I hope no one is nearby when he discovers plastic trash bags create static sparks. SMH.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
      Does anybody remember the Y2K scare or the 911? **** people quit giving the media a headline. We've had hurricanes before and other disasters. The difference is we now have social media. Fear and panic feeds one another.
      I agree with the premise of your statement, but NO ONE, NO WHERE, has ever had the kind of storm Harvey unleashed on such a populated, modern civilization. It just goes to show you we (homosapiens) are not much different from primal animals.....

Comment

I did. I filled up my car,
        my truck, my generator, my boat to siphon out of for generator, my 4 wheeler and my riding lawnmower to siphon out of as well if needed.
        I also filled my 4 5 gallon gas cans.
        Well I didn't flood. I did run my truck all over town and my boat to help where I could. I put 10 gallons in my truck this morning from the gas cans since I didn't use it. And I'm on about half a tank now.

Figuring it up I bought about 90 gallons in gas before the storm. I'm down to 10 gallons in gas cans plus my lawnmower and what's in generator, about half a tank in 4 wheeler right now. It's easy to burn through fuel

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
        So take this lesson to heart. Just like I was filling my vehicles and limiting our driving, filling up gas cans for the generator in preparation for flooding plus a direct hit down here 2 days prior to it being major news... ya'll should have been doing the same up there as you watched it unfold. Growing up in Central Texas, I always learned that when a major storm hits the Texas coast, especially Houston, it is time to top off and fill up a few cans. Known that since before I drove a car.

Similar things have happened with other storms in the past and will happen again in the future... shortages tend to slowly spread out from the center of the hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          This has cheech and Chong all over it

Comment

I went to the pure gas website. Anyone able to confirm a efree pump around San Antonio ? Not sure how up to date that website is. When all the Panic action is over I will need the good stuff for my 4 wheeler.

Comment

gas by Tommy Horn, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by 41Chevy View Post
                Reminds me of the embargo on the 70's. Could only buy 10 gallons on odd and even days.
                That one really sucked! I remember driving 40 miles to get 10 gallons. Burned half of it getting back home!

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                  This has cheech and Chong all over it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X