Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
    True, plus do not have to buy the griddle cover for $60.
    That aluminum or the stainless one piece cover many of us have for the Blackstones is pretty handy for use as a cooking dome too. If I'm doing veggies, shrooms/onion or something like that, I pull the cover up and over the griddle while cooking these items... Gives a good steaming for veggies and such like a cooking dome, but covers the whole griddle. Dont' think you'll be able to do that with the folding shelves.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
      That aluminum or the stainless one piece cover many of us have for the Blackstones is pretty handy for use as a cooking dome too. If I'm doing veggies, shrooms/onion or something like that, I pull the cover up and over the griddle while cooking these items... Gives a good steaming for veggies and such like a cooking dome, but covers the whole griddle. Dont' think you'll be able to do that with the folding shelves.

This^^^^ I use my cover quite often when cooking.

Comment

I think the downside of a rear drain would be accessing it if it was positioned close to a wall or fence.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard M. View Post
          I think the downside of a rear drain would be accessing it if it was positioned close to a wall or fence.
          Good point! and I want one of those rear trap versions... Don't know how it would work though when I do my outdoor kitchen project... sure it will work, but will take some design thought. I will say that I do not care for the front drain that I currently have. It's messy. I'd like to have a front lip too like the rear drain has.

Comment

I read about the blue rhinos. Not good reviews. The grease trap that folks here think are good was actually one of the reasons for the poor ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
              I read about the blue rhinos. Not good reviews. The grease trap that folks here think are good was actually one of the reasons for the poor ratings.
              I just picked up a blue rhino. I liked the portability. Will give an honest opinion after a few cooks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

That looks great. Can't wait to hear your thoughts once it is seasoned and put through a few cooks

Comment

Just for me and the way I use my Blackstone I don’t think I would like that lip on the front edge of the griddle. Anxious to see what your thoughts are.

Comment

In for results on the Blue Rhino as well. Where is the grease drain on those?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      Looks like front left. Drains into the tray under the cook top.

Seems like that would be right beside the burners and be a fire hazard though

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        It is right above the yellow label is. This is my first griddle, so cant compare to others, but I will tell what I do and dont like after this week or 2.

Comment

I have a 36" BS for the lease but may go with the Rhino for the house just b/c it's collapsible and I can store it in the garage when not using it.

Comment

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post
                            I have a 36" BS for the lease but may go with the Rhino for the house just b/c it's collapsible and I can store it in the garage when not using it.
                            Takes 2 guys and about 10 seconds to fold it up and down. Fit the grill in the back seat of a Toyota Corolla to haul home. Which we do a lot of river riding so taking it for big groups was one big reason I went with it. It has a sear zone on the right as well. Will take me some getting used to, but lowes has them currently sale for $269 and buy a 10% off coupon off eBay.

Comment

Get you one of these to add to that Rhino and you can git-er-hot as you want. Was the best upgrade I did for my Blackstone... Helps to be able to crank up the pressure some on windy days if you're cooking out in the open, like on camping trips and such.

Comment

What I have done when camping is use foil to overhang the area between the iron and the stove base. Seems to help.

Comment

Working...
                                X