Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    Griddled up some peruvian cuy (guinea pigs). Family loved it! They got everything at the local messican meat market.

[ATTACH]912984[/ATTACH]
    I know taste like chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
      I lied, going to pick up my 36" from Walmart, they have them for sale $249.00. Question is do I go blackstone for $249.00 or Blue Rhino Razor for $299? Or is the 28" big enough?
      I have cooked for 10 with the 28". It worked well. If I had a bigger group I would get the 36". I like the Blackstone but I hate the grease system. They may have fixed it. The Blue Rhino I saw had a folding cover over the top that was pretty slick and it appeared to have a nice grease drip.

Comment

I lied, going to pick up my 36" from Walmart, they have them for sale $249.00. Question is do I go blackstone for $249.00 or Blue Rhino Razor for $299? Or is the 28" big enough?
        36" Blackstone without a doubt. The new ones have a rear grease trap that people are liking so far.

Comment

was going to mention how good steaks are on this, but too many pics on here
          to say it again. Nothing better than a pan-seared(griddle-seared) steak!

note: just don't try and clean the gunk off one with a torch, will get too hot and that thing will turn into a figure-8! Had to order another top for mine.
          Wasn't funny at the time.

Comment

Saw on the HD website earlier.

36"Blackstone in Stainless Steel for $272

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              36" Blackstone without a doubt. The new ones have a rear grease trap that people are liking so far.
              Ya walmart has the ones without the rear grease traps. Should I buy the newer model or just stick with this?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

If I was going to buy a new one I would get one with the rear grease trap.

Comment

Yeah whoever designed the original grease drain didn’t do much testing, that thing makes a mess.
                  I bought one of those aftermarket clamp on extensions and that helps some but still not ideal. Seems like Chew bought something that he posted up that might work. The other thing that would be cool is if they built in leveling bolts or something on each corner of the griddle top.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar_HOYT View Post
                    Yeah whoever designed the original grease drain didn’t do much testing, that thing makes a mess.
                    I bought one of those aftermarket clamp on extensions and that helps some but still not ideal. Seems like Chew bought something that he posted up that might work. The other thing that would be cool is if they built in leveling bolts or something on each corner of the griddle top.
                    Good idea about the bolts. I had considered stacking washers but I haven't got around to it yet.

Comment

After welding on the steel nipple to get the grease heading in the right direction, mine has worked great. I think I prefer the front grease drain over trying to get it all to hit a hole in the back, it's easy to rake it all forward and send it on down the line. Seems like the lip in the front of the newer ones would get in the way as well.

I also did put washers under my left side to help grease flow towards the right.

Comment

I bought the BlackStone from Walmart...it's great! But after having bought it, I walked into Lowes and seen the BlueRhino Griddle...that one comes with side shelves that fold over the top to cover the griddle when done using it...and the clean out is a hold in the front left of the surface with a catch pan under...a little more deen arrow for that one but I woulda spent it...

Comment

Originally posted by Mojo View Post
                          I bought the BlackStone from Walmart...it's great! But after having bought it, I walked into Lowes and seen the BlueRhino Griddle...that one comes with side shelves that fold over the top to cover the griddle when done using it...and the clean out is a hold in the front left of the surface with a catch pan under...a little more deen arrow for that one but I woulda spent it...
                          The blue rhino at our lowes just got marked down to $269.00 plus bought a coupon offline for $20 off $100 spent. Plus will put it on my lowes card for an additional %5 off and will put the cash on my card. So should come out around $235.55. I ordered the Blackstone, but going to try the Blue Rhino.

Comment

The blue rhino at our lowes just got marked down to $269.00 plus bought a coupon offline for $20 off $100 spent. Plus will put it on my lowes card for an additional %5 off and will put the cash on my card. So should come out around $235.55. I ordered the Blackstone, but going to try the Blue Rhino.
                            Yeah, if I had seen it before jumping the gun, I woulda bought this one and at least gotten My veteran's 10% off...

Comment

Originally posted by Mojo View Post
                              Yeah, if I had seen it before jumping the gun, I woulda bought this one and at least gotten My veteran's 10% off...
                              True, plus do not have to buy the griddle cover for $60.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                                After welding on the steel nipple to get the grease heading in the right direction, mine has worked great. I think I prefer the front grease drain over trying to get it all to hit a hole in the back, it's easy to rake it all forward and send it on down the line. Seems like the lip in the front of the newer ones would get in the way as well.

I also did put washers under my left side to help grease flow towards the right.

I agree with you about preferring to pull forward when cleaning. I also added a washer to help drain better.

Comment

Working...
                                X