Make money off baseball parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
    Why is everyone so worried about what everyone else spends their money on?

If I read the OP right, he's just looking for a moneymaking endeavor off of folks who seem very willing to spend it. Not complaining about how much they spend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
      I'm leaning to be against all this select baseball , football, basketball crap. It's becoming a big business and lot of kids who have more talent and raw ability are getting left behind and leaving sports because their family can't afford it. Kids aren't playing sandlot baseball but learning positions and specializing in one sport. Baseball is the worse
      Come on Brandon... How is spending money on playing baseball, football, soccer or whatever ANY different than spending money on rodeos?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        If I read the OP right, he's just looking for a moneymaking endeavor off of folks who seem very willing to spend it. Not complaining about how much they spend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Maybe but most of the rest of the posters took it down that road...

Comment

Brandon I agree with you- My kid plays because he wants to play. He is a P.O. at 14 years old. he throws on a 16u team and a 18u team. I do go watch games when they are local or close enough but he often travels without me. If he walked away tomorrow it would not hurt my feelings any at all. He has made his own decision to play baseball- he is blessed with what coaches look for. He is 6'6" at 14 and has a live arm. Thing that makes me upset is that baseball is becoming a game of numbers. They look at height, arm speed, bat speed, exit velo, etc. It has very little to do with how the kid is on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            Brandon I agree with you- My kid plays because he wants to play. He is a P.O. at 14 years old. he throws on a 16u team and a 18u team. I do go watch games when they are local or close enough but he often travels without me. If he walked away tomorrow it would not hurt my feelings any at all. He has made his own decision to play baseball- he is blessed with what coaches look for. He is 6'6" at 14 and has a live arm. Thing that makes me upset is that baseball is becoming a game of numbers. They look at height, arm speed, bat speed, exit velo, etc. It has very little to do with how the kid is on the field.
            I played college baseball with several guys who could not hit, got arrested for assults and fail every class, but they got drafted because they could run fast.
            Been a long time since performance mattered.

Comment

Come on Brandon... How is spending money on playing baseball, football, soccer or whatever ANY different than spending money on rodeos?
              Jenn I agree 100% with rodeo and especially in the timed events. That's why rough stock events are the purist. The Bulls and Broncs don't give a **** how much money was spent. Barrels and poles are the worse. You go to any AJRA rodeo and the parking lot will be filled with rigs that cost more than most people's homes. It's rediculous.
              Last edited by BrandonA; 06-28-2017, 08:26 PM.

Comment

To the OP. If you want to make big $$$ on select baseball. Build a facility in an area that has high population and not enough baseball parks. You rent for tournaments on weekends, during the week lessons, hitting, and for teams to meet. there are plenty of teams with a limited number of fields to play on. It is a year around venture. Also build a large indoor area with cages for instruction and hitting. Bad weather everyone is there trying to get reps in.

Comment

Jenn I agree 100% with rodeo and especially in the timed events. That's why rough stock events are the purist. The Bulls and Broncs don't give a **** how much money was spent. Barrels and poles are the worse.
                  All I'm saying is that my son loves baseball so investing a little $$$ (not $20k/year for sure) for him to play is just as worth it to me as you investing in your daughters rodeo...

Comment

Guys I work with are ate up with it..8th grade kids,5ft 6",and the like..**** good ball players..Yeah,spending every vacation following them around the country?? The one I know the best(dad) not an athletic bone in his body.Nice guy,good dad;an all..Makes me kind of wonder where this all comes from.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                      Guys I work with are ate up with it..8th grade kids,5ft 6",and the like..**** good ball players..Yeah,spending every vacation following them around the country?? The one I know the best(dad) not an athletic bone in his body.Nice guy,good dad;an all..Makes me kind of wonder where this all comes from.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                      There is definitely a sales pitch that is working.

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                        X100000

Fundementals and school ball... if God blessed tbe kid they will find him
                        It'd be interesting to know actual stats on how many recreational (non-select) boys even make their high school team.
                        I bet the number is pretty low.

I make my 13 year old son deliver firewood with me, to help fund his coaching.
                        Last edited by Clark; 06-28-2017, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                          To the OP. If you want to make big $$$ on select baseball. Build a facility in an area that has high population and not enough baseball parks. You rent for tournaments on weekends, during the week lessons, hitting, and for teams to meet. there are plenty of teams with a limited number of fields to play on. It is a year around venture. Also build a large indoor area with cages for instruction and hitting. Bad weather everyone is there trying to get reps in.
                          You got this right. Build indoor batting cages we have 10 and 3 turf fields to practice on you can make a some bank. Find a good area spend the money and like they say you build it they will come.

Comment

All I'm saying is that my son loves baseball so investing a little $$$ (not $20k/year for sure) for him to play is just as worth it to me as you investing in your daughters rodeo...
                            The difference is that youth and high school rodeo is not sanctioned by the Uil and she can compete for money and obtain $$$ sponsors.

Comment

The difference is that youth and high school rodeo is not sanctioned by the Uil and she can compete for money and obtain $$$ sponsors.
                              Truck -50k
                              Trailer-35k
                              Horse-5-15k
                              Saddle 1000-1500
                              Feed for the year $$$
                              Vet bills $$$
                              All sports are expensive, but we choose baseball.

Comment

This is a fun topic, I will have to revisit it in the morning.

But one quick thing I've figured out, playing rec ball and/or only school ball won't get you very far today. As it was explained to me, why would a college coach send a scout to a high school game to see 1, maybe 2 possible recruits when they can go to a summer showcase tournament and see teams full of them all day long?

Comment

Working...
                                X