Make money off baseball parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bullydog View Post
    And that's exactly the point being missed by all the anti select folks on this thread. Boils down to what the "kid" wants to do. My son plays every sport. He love them all. But baseball is the one he truly has a passion for. He has no delusions of grandeur about playing at the next level. ( even though he has several offers already) He just wants to play at a level that's he's ready for, if the right opportunity comes along. As long as he keeps his grades up. 2nd in his class...then we support him. To many people on here making assumptions, and most who think it's a "bad idea" don't have a single kid playing select. Take it for what it's worth....lol And his girlfriend even travels with us....haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Wow, you said delusions. The other 5 said illusions. You're way ahead of the game already

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
      Wow, you said delusions. The other 5 said illusions. You're way ahead of the game already

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post
        You've been listening to too many select coaches. College coaches would be missing a HUGE lot of talent if they didn't recruit during the spring.

Had a head coach from one of the teams in Omaha this year say he or his coaches see very little high school ball. They are too busy with their own season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If your kids want to play at the college level have them decide what schools they would like to attend. Then go to a local Showcase at a college near you. Let your kid see how he stacks up against the talent there. Then if he is still interested or thinks he has what it takes have him contact the college coaching staff of schools that interest him and ask if he can come work out for them. This is information that was given to me by a current coach at the college level.

Comment

Originally posted by buckwhacker View Post
            Had a head coach from one of the teams in Omaha this year say he or his coaches see very little high school ball. They are too busy with their own season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            They may not send someone out to 5 random games a week, but you can bet your next paycheck they know where the talent is and send guys to watch them. High school exposure gets exponentially stronger as you drop from D1 to the other NCAA divisions, NAIA, and especially juco...

Comment

I think I'm about to dive into 10u select, i believe the right situation has presented itself. Any advice from those who have been doing it a while.

Comment

I've got girls and the oldest did AAU Basketball. We were on a team out of Houston with a corporate sponsor, so her participation was paid for, Nike provided all their shoes and unis, it was big time. Travel was not. She played over 100 games a year, her sophomore and junior year, between Varsity ball, AAU, summer leagues, etc. We traveled all over the country. I didnt do it so she could play college ball, I did it because she wanted to play ball and I liked to watch her play ball. At the end of the day she got looked at by a bunch of schools and had some good D2 offers, but made the decision if she couldn't play D1 she wasn't playing. I didn't waste that money....I spent it on some **** awesome memories.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  To the OP. If you want to make big $$$ on select baseball. Build a facility in an area that has high population and not enough baseball parks. You rent for tournaments on weekends, during the week lessons, hitting, and for teams to meet. there are plenty of teams with a limited number of fields to play on. It is a year around venture. Also build a large indoor area with cages for instruction and hitting. Bad weather everyone is there trying to get reps in.
                  THIS!!!!!

Those private parks hosting tourneys are making a fortune

Comment

It's cheaper to send all your boys to Puerto Rico, Venezuela, or DOM Republic. Let them live in a cardboard Shack and play with a homemade glove. If they are good they will come back home with a contract.

Comment

Working...
                    X