Hagerman Draw Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
    Good old RedSeal aka Wade_Sportsman. I know a few years back he drew for the deer hunt and wound up getting a ride to the pokey courtesy of Mr. Moses. Seems he had some warrants.
    That may have saved his hide, as there was a group in the same segment wanting a "word" with him.
    Didn't he shoot an undersized buck?

Comment

I drew...a preference point.

First year in the draw so can't be disappointed.

Good luck to those who drew!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
        He may have, but he was arrested for a bail jumping/failure to appear warrant.

Comment

No that was someone else. Rickey had a problem with keeping people's things, like coolers and money. I think they got it all worked out in the end, but who knows really.

And if you take the 33 golden tickets out of the pool, that leaves 122. 75% of those are for the highest point holders(probably at least 3), 15% for the next group, and 10% for the lowest or zero point holders. That means there were only 12 people with one or less points getting drawn.

That Oscar sure makes WCB look like the luckiest man alive!

Comment

My brother and I finally drew after many years of putting our names in the hat! We had at least three points or more. I have hunted Hagerman two times before in the past. Grew up in Sherman and learned to bowfish at Hagerman long with many other memories of my youth! Got to qualify now...

Comment

The Godwin Unit.....Anyone tell me where they block Dickey Road off during the hunt?

Comment

No hag for me. And I knew a good spot from years back.

Comment

Originally posted by southsider View Post
                  The Godwin Unit.....Anyone tell me where they block Dickey Road off during the hunt?
                  At the gate

Comment

I think he shot something, might have just been a doe and couldn't find it, GW showed up to help him find it and somewhere in the process found out he had warrants out.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                      That would defeat the purpose of a true lottery draw. Aint nothing guaranteed Things are great exactly the way they have it.
                      only thing better would be,2 pts if you reside in Grayson county and 2 more points if your age 56 and older...

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                        I'm thinking everyone with a "free pass" were the first group selected. Then divide the numbers up and split remaining permits. That's the only explanation I could think of for some "free passes" with a low draw number and in later segments AND why you see Segment A numbers higher than 50. Just my theory anyways
                        I think its because,you hunt the same segment as you hunted the year before

Comment

Originally posted by muzzyslinger View Post
                          I think its because,you hunt the same segment as you hunted the year before
                          Correct,Mike. You get the same segment you gained your pass in. All
                          I'm saying is they draw All the freebies first....regardless of segment. And then divvy everything else out accordingly. That's why you see low numbers in later segments......and higher numbers than allowed in Segment A.

Comment

I'm in, seg a

Comment

Yes he did. I remember reading about that. He told the state GW and they went and found it together. But that is not why he was arrested. The warrants were found out about after they returned and his info was run for the AR violation. I'm betting it was an added charge though.

Comment

Got my qualifier yesterday, headed to town for money order. Good luck everyone hope segment b is great lol

Comment

Working...
                                X