Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to those that got in!

Comment

No go for me. 2 points for next year's draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
        Difficult to get the walker through other areas!
        I knew I left something out there back in 2012. Thanks for reminding me.

Comment

Just missed! Earned a point

Comment

Preference point for me

Dad and his hunting buddy got drawn

Comment

Y'all watch out for the guy dragging a blue cooler thru the woods

Comment

I got a point
                Good luck to all who got drawn

Comment

Looking like 2020 will be my year.

Comment

Ive already decided I dont care how far in I go if the trees arent good for a tree stand Im carrying in my quad pod. At least Ill be comfy LMAO

Comment

This whole preference points/golden ticket thing is tough to figure out. Numbers as low as 10/11 are in segment B, and not buddied up, a number as high as 71 is segment A and as low as 17 are segment C. People with no points getting drawn in the mid 120s, and people with the same amount of points as others getting pulled in the upper 600s instead of the mid 80s.

I also wish they would put a running points total for everyone who applied. That would make life so much easier.

Congrats to all who got drawn, and good luck. Maybe I will get another shot next year since I will have about 837 points accumulated.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                        This whole preference points/golden ticket thing is tough to figure out. Numbers as low as 10/11 are in segment B, and not buddied up, a number as high as 71 is segment A and as low as 17 are segment C. People with no points getting drawn in the mid 120s, and people with the same amount of points as others getting pulled in the upper 600s instead of the mid 80s.

I also wish they would put a running points total for everyone who applied. That would make life so much easier.

Congrats to all who got drawn, and good luck. Maybe I will get another shot next year since I will have about 837 points accumulated.

They usually will send an email with your preference points at some point. I think they cap at 3 or 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                          Point creep wont be nearly as bad with Hagerman as most draw hunts. The fact that you have to have a Bowhunter Ed keeps a ton of people from applying. And they will give out more tags when Harris Creek and Big mineral Open back up. I could see it taking 4 years to draw in the next few and eventually 5, but we still have a pretty good thing going
                          This is true. My brother and I had every intention on applying, only saw one bowhunter education field day available and there was no way I could attend it at that time. The TPWD website doesn't seem to list available classes so your only hope at finding one is somebody posting it on here.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post

I'm thinking everyone with a "free pass" were the first group selected. Then divide the numbers up and split remaining permits. That's the only explanation I could think of for some "free passes" with a low draw number and in later segments AND why you see Segment A numbers higher than 50. Just my theory anyways

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                              Y'all watch out for the guy dragging a blue cooler thru the woods
                              Looks like Rickey Morris drew in the 300's this year so no worries, I do wonder if any TBHers paid him a visit in seg B last year???

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                                Looks like Rickey Morris drew in the 300's this year so no worries, I do wonder if any TBHers paid him a visit in seg B last year???
                                Good old RedSeal aka Wade_Sportsman. I know a few years back he drew for the deer hunt and wound up getting a ride to the pokey courtesy of Mr. Moses. Seems he had some warrants.
                                That may have saved his hide, as there was a group in the same segment wanting a "word" with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X