Country Music Awards...an Award Show W/out the Liberal Crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skipetex View Post
    Easy midnite, you have a whole dam herd of them dime store cowboys Rollin into H.S. blaring out some Taylor Swift crap looking for ya
    Lol, I know. I see more and more of them moving in

Comment

It all went down hill when they changed the name from "Country and Western" to just "Country". And they just did ole Bochephus wrong IMO.He did nt need to be taken out like that..

Comment

Originally posted by oldtestamentman View Post
        It all went down hill when they changed the name from "Country and Western" to just "Country". And they just did ole Bochephus wrong IMO.He did nt need to be taken out like that..
        Please elaborate. I love me some Hank jr. I guess I never heard about that or more likely forgot.

Comment

Country Music Awards...an Award Show W/out the Liberal Crap

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
          No joke! Bunch of cry babies around here. For all the Luke Bryan bashing, he made 42 mill last year and bow hunts property that he bought in Kansas. Ya he's not Waylon, but these days no one is. Might as well get over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on becoming president of his fan club and your new skinny jeans apparel contract[emoji13]

Comment

LWC, they ran him off the NFL opener, "Are you ready for some football" and replaced him with a woman.

Comment

You guys are cracking me up this morning, guess I threw a softball up for y'all. I'm not a fan boy I just think that's the way it's headed and won't ever be willie, Waylon, cash again.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Congrats on becoming president of his fan club and your new skinny jeans apparel contract[emoji13]
                Can I put shiny rhinestones on the back pockets?

Comment

Can I put shiny rhinestones on the back pockets?

Only if you bling out your flip flops too[emoji23]

Comment

Changing of the times (country music included) and some of us older folks don't like change I guess. They are still turning out good music just not like some of us are accustomed to from our past.

Comment

All country music sucks. Well most of it. LOL.

I laugh at the dudes on here that rag on these guys yet listen to wack pop country from the 70s and 80s. Ronnie Milsap and Conway Twitty was pop garbage too.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                        42 million...bow hunts....

Oh my, I think I suddenly like his music

So I take it you've never voiced your displeasure over something you didnt like? Hope not, dont want to label you as a crybaby lol.

I watched the awards. Partially for the eye candy (talking about the women, not Luke Bryan as some may elude to ), and partially for... well I guess it was just for the women.
                        Miranda looked tasty!

Comment

You guys are cracking me up this morning, guess I threw a softball up for y'all. I'm not a fan boy I just think that's the way it's headed and won't ever be willie, Waylon, cash again.
                          Haha! You did

You are right about that last sentence. It's gone. Makes me wonder if our younger generations are going to be saying in 50 years "dang I miss the good ol days of country music with Florida Georgia line and Rascal Flatts. Lol.

* And yes she did. Whew!

Comment

I guess maybe I'm just getting old. But this new stuff doesn't seem too country to me. But looking back, maybe it wasn't so much different. Waylon played with Buddy Holly, Conway started out as a "rocker", and Willie looked like my high school choir teacher.
                            Ernest Tubb and Bill Monroe probably used to make fun of those guys back in the day.

Comment

I just opened this thread in hopes of seeing pictures. You guys have disappointed me.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                                I guess maybe I'm just getting old. But this new stuff doesn't seem too country to me. But looking back, maybe it wasn't so much different. Waylon played with Buddy Holly, Conway started out as a "rocker", and Willie looked like my high school choir teacher.
                                Ernest Tubb and Bill Monroe probably used to make fun of those guys back in the day.
                                Nashville went POP back in the 60s and 70s. Rock and Roll was destroying it so they had to make a more radio friendly sound. The whole polyester suit crap was the same as today for the times. It is a well known fact.

Comment

Working...
                                X